Need your help guys...

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by oldnotdead, Jul 16, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I am a seed deal nut case and I have found a couple of places with decent pricing and free or fair shipping. Well do you think I can find them NO. and can't remember the names. I know Hancock, and Just remembered Great Basin..
    So can you gus throw me a few ideas/ names please? I'm looking for some turnips and brassica,grains

2. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    R.J. Hunt seed com.
    Been using them for years

oldnotdead likes this.
  3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I buy a lot from Hancock yearly, they've always been good about shipping and cost.

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks you 2, shopped locally today . I have no problem saying no way your too expensive. But did order 100#,$s of WW. Dang search engines are sticking it to me. Should have written the names down year ago. I know they were from out west somewhere. Yes I use Hancock often. Though I have to be very careful on how I order from them.
    Oh dang just figured it out...found the company searching best pricing on small burnett,I'll try that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well that didnt work.. Did find though if you order from deer creek. Make your order but don't check out ,walk away. They will E-mail you and give a 10% discount. Unfortunately even with that and fair pricing ...shipping was way too much for me.
    Hancock order in turnips and clover

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Curious here. Do any of the farm co-op stores or places as Tractor Supply or Rural King carry such items for food plots?

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I know that tractor supply does and it's getting big in our stores. That said I love the brand they sell and here is the trick watch close and at the end of the growing season they drop seed price big time. I just planted their clover chicory blend 4# bags dropped from 15 to 7.50 a bag. In Dec. Last year 2 40# bags of plot spike I had gotten in Jan. At 9.00 a bag. Each store is different so if you have more than one you drive by check out each. To get best savings.
    Also check online savings shipping free to store.

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    We don't have RK but Runnings has seed as well I believe.

9. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked up my brassica seeds today from JR hunt co.
    I'm quite sure a purple top turnip seed is the same no matter where you get it?
    But what impressed me years ago when I called to order, they would not take a card number over the phone. Said they would ship that day without haveing the money first.