Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Need some help...

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Chenango Dave, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Chenango Dave

Chenango Dave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Let me start off by saying this is the biggest buck I've ever gotten on my trail cams in the 9 years I've been camming. I'm sure a lot of you guys remember this buck. I've got pics of him ever since he was a yearling.
    This is the first pic I got of this boy that year..
    [​IMG]

I ended up getting hundreds of pics of him that year. Had some not close enough encounters during bowseason, enough to keep you in deer stand all day long. Here's how he finished off that year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I looked all spring for his sheds and never had any luck until the summer of 2007 I got his left shed. Not too bad of shape, no mice damage and it was just a little off colored. Spring forward 5 years to this spring and my neighbor found the other side while out turkey hunting.

He was nice enough to give the shed to me this week, said he'd thought they should be together. That side is a little worse for wear. Has some mice damage and some heavy green coloring from being out in the weather for all these years. Here they are together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd like to get them restored and eventually get it mounted and hang a bunch of his pics up at my camp. I've googled antler restoration and talked to one guy so far but thought I'd ask my fellow BH.commers if anyone has any recomendations. If you had it done before or know of someone that has had it done, I could use some info.
    I posted this in the shed forum too but I'm sure this one gets more views.
    Thanks a lot, much appreciated.
    Dave

2. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  3. Buckaddict

Buckaddict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. 12bowhunter12

12bowhunter12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What a hog!!!

5. demetriuswpm

demetriuswpm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Need some help

Hi people of Anime Avenue, I have a small problem in that I cant remember the name of an anime I watched though I can give you some information to help.

From what i can remember of it, it was about a girl who, if i remeber correctly, was a vampire and it was her destiny which was engraved on some Gravestone like thing in a rose garden and she had to, I think it was, seduce some guy and then kill him afterwards with a certain sword that is about all I can remember of it... oh and she had a talking dog that could transfrom into a human and had I believe red or pink hair I think it was red

But in any case any information could be helpful so please reply soon

Thanks,
    Farlis

Edit: I have discovered the anime to be Holy Knight and the reason I lost it was because it only has 2 episodes, so new question when it there gonna be more episodes?

6. fishingdude93

fishingdude93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is definitely not anime avenue. You should probably find the right website.

7. deerstalker85

deerstalker85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that is one heck of a deer. I hope you can find a way to restore those sheds..that is a great story with a lot of history!

btw: I am not sure how you keep track of your deer and hunting property currently, but I encourage you to check out www.huntsync.com. It is a site I found about a year ago and it is awesome for keeping up with deer from year to year, storing unlimited amounts of trail cam photos, as well as getting topo maps of your property and marking stand locations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have, and if you have any problems when you check it out let me know. Good luck this season!