Need Some Help on New Land

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by flyinj03, Sep 7, 2016.

1. flyinj03

flyinj03 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello All- I have been given permission to hunt some new property, however, only for the month of September. Then they have family hunting Pheasant and Duck, and they do not want me in there. I've walked a lot of the property, trying to figure out where might be some good areas to hunt. However, only being my 3rd year bow hunting, I'm am overwhelmed trying to process everything. At the two areas marked as stand/cam, I've put down some Big & J, and some apples, to see what comes in for the camera. I've had some nice bucks coming into the North spot near the backwards L shaped tree row. However, they obviously know it's hunting season, because he doesn't show up any more. So now I need your help. I don't want to just hunt over bait and hope they come in. I want to hunt areas where they SHOULD come in. That's is where your expertise as a community is greatly needed. I've attached some photos of the land. Can you help point me in the right direction?!?! If you need additional info, please let me know!

THANKS!!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would hunt close to the corn but not if the wind isn't in your favor. Presuming the pics are North to south. My guess is the south stand.

3. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Water is a key factor that is often overlooked. I see there's a pond dead center of the property with what looks like some good cover surrounding. That would be a definite spot that I would look at hunting given you can get in there quiet and with a good wind.

4. jvella

jvella Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That area by the pond looks good with that cover. Definitely, would be able to sneak in there in the mornings just before the deer move out of the fields to the cover. And probably could catch them as they leave the cover for the fields at night. From the pics it looks like you are kind of limited for cover?