Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Jensen, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So early this year I started getting pictures of what I thought was a nice mature 10pt buck, it turns out he is a unique 11pt! Anyway I have been getting pictures of him and as a mature buck he is quite nocturnal which I am hoping will soon change. I hoping the rut will begin here in MN within the next few weeks but I just wanted some insight as to what some good strategies might be. He has been showing up near an apple tree where I have a stand located and have been trying to avoid until the 'time is right' as to not drive him out of the area. I am pretty sure I seen him making a bed in the corn about a week ago but he didn't step foot into the woods.

I have been thinking of taking a week or so off in hopes of trying to catch him moving during the early evening hours or early morning as the temperatures continue to drop. Anyway, I just want to see what some of your thoughts are.

Attached Files:

2. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Once the corn comes out he should be more visible. I have bucks show up that I haven't seen all year right after the corn is gone. Good luck

3. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have a handle on his core area? How many cameras do u have set up? I'd consider more cameras to pattern him, but you'll have to be religious about scent control. If u don't want to risk it, consider mock scrape or decoys during the rut at or near his apple tree.