Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Need Recommendations for Turkey Hunting Gift Ideas!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Luois, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Luois

Luois Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, i'm looking for an unique gift ideas for a passionate turkey hunter's birthday. I know about turkey calls and decoys, but I'm looking for something special. Suggestions for specialized vests, electronic game calls, portable blinds, advanced camouflage clothing, or informative field guides are appreciated. Share your recommendations and experiences with standout turkey hunting gift ideas.
    Budget-friendly options welcomed. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  2. Chase

Chase Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most turkey guys these days are into the Mossy Oak Bottom Land camo.. oldie but a goodie.. not sure why it's made such a strong come back recently but doing so; it's available almost everywhere they sell camo. NOMAD is all over and it's decent stuff but I think it's overpriced.

Right now, if you catch it right, Scent Lok and Scent Blocker (same folks own both) are having 60% - 75% close out sales. Sure, it's technically geared towards scent free white tail hunting but the clothing is well made. I'm 29 and I have a Savannah EXT outfit that I got for my 16th birthday that I still wear. So, it's a great investment in my opinion. They have some warm weather outfits in the bottom land.

Vest's are a dime a dozen. I'm a dutchman so I prefer not to spend more than necessary. Come's down to how much this hunter wants to carry. I gave up on the vest thing and went to a shoulder strapped large fanny. Has an exterior clothing bundler that I use for the decoy hauling so I'm not the guy on vests.

Calls; that's a pretty personal preference so unless you know the brand and/or spec that this hunter prefers, you may be wasting your money there.

Blinds; I turkey hunt against cotton wood trees so I'm not the blind professional BUT I did see that Tidewe has a blind (on sale right now) that has 270 degrees of 1-way see through vision. Looks pretty sweet. Not sure about the quality but I thought that was pretty cool.

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A case of sawyers

JeffC likes this.
  4. LaytonRobles

LaytonRobles Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's great that you want to find a unique gift for a passionate turkey hunter! While turkey calls and decoys are classics, here are some special gift ideas: Quality Optics: A high-quality pair of binoculars or a spotting scope can be a game-changer for any hunter. It helps them spot turkeys from a distance and improves their hunting experience. Hunting Boots: Comfortable and durable hunting boots are a must for any turkey hunter. Consider getting a pair designed for turkey hunting.