Need help with our viewer quantity!

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by SeriouslyLethal.TV, Nov 4, 2015.

1. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, For just a little background, we are two college kids pursueing our dream in the outdoors and sharing it with friends and family through youtube. We want our viewers to connect through us by showing the TRUE hunt. No game farms, No guides, No B.S. Our channel is called 'Seriously Lethal TV' and we have been active for a couple months now. We know what we need to do better in our videos, but what can we do to get more subscribers/views? I'm going to include a video below of our latest kill, but if you could check out more than one video to get a better understanding of who we are and what we do that would be great. Thanks for your time and best of luck this season!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but what will viewer quantity really do for you?

If you solely want more views, focus on building a network, social media and marketing plans.

3. Stick&String96

Stick&String96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For what its worth, which probably isn't much, Ill feature you on my page.

4. Stick&String96

Stick&String96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It takes quantity of quality videos and time. Your intended audience isn't very big on YouTube and there are a lot of people with hunting channels, so don't expect too much right away.

6. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Get w better soundtrack. Sounds like I'm playing a 1980's Nintendo game.

Just need to keep practicing. Make a Facebook page or something.

7. Clem

Clem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here my take on an episode I watched

1) Good resolution in general
    2) Good B roll images to fill in around the hunt
    3) Focus at the critical time is really important right when you shot the buck the branch in the fore ground was in focus not the buck, that almost makes it a fail (sorry but you asked for critics) all that work to lose focus at that time was not good
    4) Make up your mind on what the show is going to be. Bow Hunt or Die arguably the best hunting show out there works as they have a format and stick to it. Others are successful with their format but you need a format and every episode follows that same flow.
    5) The interview section at the end needs be more than you sitting in a couch in your hunting cabin, get two of you to do that bit so you can have some dialogue and discuss the wins, challenges, problems and errors, not just you talking to the camera.

Good luck and I will watch your shows and they are better than some I have seen, eg Realtree channel on You tube sucks. One last thought, this forum and whole web site is created by the Bow Hunt or Die guys so it is a bit rude to be advertising on their forum, questions are one thing but I would consider it bad form to go plugging your show on here too much.

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To add to the video, give it a little intro to sell your name/brand so people know exactly what they're about to watch. Try to explain what your goal is as a web show at the beginning before getting into the action. Try to show the recovery next time so it completes the story. Add a closing and talk about what your next goal is or what hunts you plan to do next (a doe hunt, etc). Lastly, you'll want a Twitter account and a Facebook page to post pictures and journal updates of how your season is going. Connect them so if you post on Facebook it also posts on Twitter. Make sure to post short clips or sneak peeks because undoubtedly as a small group you aren't going to have much content so you need to keep people interested. If you want a good idea of a small startup, check out Leatherwood Outdoors on YouTube. They are a pretty cool small group of guys that have a good start to what I think you guys are trying to accomplish. I've kinda got a little project going myself so I know what it's like. Lastly, and probably most importantly, don't jeopardize the fun of hunting for the sake of your web show/YouTube.