Need help with Cuddelink camera system.

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Cody Nelson, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Cody Nelson

Cody Nelson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys/gals, I have 4 Cuddelink long range IR cameras linked to their home base receiver. I went with these due to the nasty terrain where I live and I’ve loved them (for the most part). They aren’t flawless but I believe they were worth it. My issue though is with the home base. Every time I change the batteries, I’m forced to go hike through God’s country to re-link each camera. This is a huge pain. When I change batteries on the remote cameras, they link right back up with no issues. I feel like I’m doing something wrong but Cuddeback has yet to return my email and after a total of 4 hrs on hold over 3 different attempts to call, I gave up and came here. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Mtmeatpole

Mtmeatpole Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking at these also. I have a sporting goods store and may see about becoming a dealer. I will see if I can get a hold of a sales rep and get some info.

3. Cody Nelson

Cody Nelson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I never posted an update since I never received any responses. I was finally able to get ahold of a rep. I was only giving the home unit around 30 min to reconnect and then giving up. The rep said it can take up to 3-4 hours for the cameras to relearn themselves. So I changed batteries and just went back home. Two weeks later I went back and everything had reconnected and I had 90% of my pictures. The only ones missing were the few the had been deleted to make room in the que for new ones. I’m happy enough that I’m ordering another set of 4

Mtmeatpole likes this.
  4. Mtmeatpole

Mtmeatpole Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    These are my next planned addition to see what I think. Hunting small acreage places like I do it could be a game changer to minimize any kind of foot print with cam checks...main reason I rarely check many during season and always hate it come January and some cameras either filled up or ran dead with battery exhaustion. These could be game changers.

You go with the J series?

6. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There is a wealth of knowledge on Habitat-talk.com. 200 + pages worth on three threads. As far as battery replacement you need to allow screen to go blank after removing batteries before installing new ones. There is a capacitor that needs to be drained. This will help speed up reconnect