Need help with bow/broken string

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SGTMILLER, Dec 24, 2020.

1. SGTMILLER

SGTMILLER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Buddy of mine gave me this bow for free, has a broken string. I'm a complete newbie with bows, no idea where to start or how I could fix it to make it usable again. Any help would be appreciated and ill attach pics of bow...

bow.jpg bow 2.jpg bow 3.jpg

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You came to the right place. I'm far from an archery expert but there will be forum members who can help. Just thought- contact Lancaster Archery
    Supply, one of the sponsors listed at the bottom of the page, an outstanding supplier of archery equipment and related items. I was in their store two years ago...so much stuff, so little money!
    BTW, free is my favorite word. Congrats on the score of the bow.

SGTMILLER likes this.
  3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fastest approach is if there is a shop near by and open they should be able to custom build you a string or order and install one. Good luck and let us know when you start flinging arrows

4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    you need to know string and cable length... if there is still a tag or inked length info on that old bow, look there .. you can also try calling PSE next week in AZ if they are open and see if they can come up with lengths ... btw, if your replacing the string, replace the cable also, it cant be much better than the string for age, the cable will be the next to go so get lengths for both and replace both ..