need help Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by jtritz91, Oct 13, 2013.

1. jtritz91

jtritz91 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For all of you Wisconsin Hunters where is the best place to go to find equipment? I have a bow but nothing else i am looking to get into bow hunting and want to start getting started and talking to people close to me maybe go out for a hint and watch see what you guys do. Any help would be great

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your best bet is check out reviews for gear on here and look for what you want and then use an online source like cabelas to order the products you need. most local shops dont have a large variety

3. Kayak Mike

Kayak Mike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check Fleet Farm! There prices are lower than Cabelas and Gander. As far as a stabilizer go to a pro shop and shoot a few different stabilizer to find the one that works best.

4. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I see you are in SE WI. I am a big fan of a bow shop in Brookfield, WI called West town Archery. If you need your bow set up they will do it same day and for a very reasonable price. If your looking for equipment, tree stand's etc hard to beet fleet farm as previously stated. Gander Mountain is great and you can find alot of stuff on Amazon as well.

Good luck

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  5. bsutfin11

bsutfin11 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Buck Rub Outfitters is a great Archery Shop in SE Wisconsin Buck Rub Archery | Midwest Premier Archery Facility | bow hunting | Pewaukee Wisconsin

I bought my 1st bow from them last season and they outfitted me with everything I needed to hunt. They provided a ton of basic knowledge that a beginner bow hunter would want or need. They make sure the bow is setup correctly and they give you a free paper tuning if you buy your bow there (along with other discounts/specials on accessories). Plus they have a nice indoor and outdoor range there.

Just wanted to share my experience with this shop since it is in your general area. Good luck!

6. jtritz91

jtritz91 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies I will look into both of them has anybody heard of bk3 in wind lake?

7. Unholy Saint

Unholy Saint Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i use bk3...they are great guys...they set up and showed my ex how to shoot when we went there...ive purchased all my accessories and arrows from them...depending where u live id say buck rub or bk3 get my vote....

8. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depending on where you are in SE Wisconsin you could try Little Jons. Its just East of Madison. Ive never been there but I have had a few friends get their bows set up there and they had a good experiance. Supposedly they have a good selection of stuff too.

9. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If your near Kenosha, try Hysell's archery on county road E off of 94.