Need help fast!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Englishman, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Englishman

Englishman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok i was given permission to hunt a lot of land this summer, the land is split into 3 sections, about 4500 acre of crops, 350 acre of woods and fieds and 150 acre woods and fields. The crop land was way to much for me to start scouting, so i was left with the other 2, the family that own the land lease the other 500 to another farmer to keep his cows on and since he had his cows on the 350 acre i decided to scout the 150 acre land. so all summer i was getting good info from my cameras about the deer. I set up all my stands and was ready for opening day, as i got into my stand i was very excited but at about 9am i started to see cows in the fields. This made my heart sink since they was coming into about 100yds from my stand!!! Later that day i found out they had been moved from the other land 3 days earlier, so fine ok i move on from that. I moved 2 of my cameras over to the other land to get a start on scouting it. Then 2day i went over to see the farmer (who i see every weekend inbetween hunts) who told me the smaller field is to be logged starting monday!!! so it will be my last hunt 2moz on the land. Now the problem i have is i know very little about the larger land and dont have time to walk it to find places to hang tree stands, as i hunt every weekend and work all week so i need help on where you would hang a few stands to keep you hunting until you had photos from your trail cams. Also where would you put your cameras?? i got 7 cameras to put out and i am thinking about buying a few more to spped things up i also have 5 tree stands and again thinking about buying a few more. Thanx for any help!!!

hunting land.jpg

2. NebraskaDeerKilln

NebraskaDeerKilln Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    From the picture. Looks like the field is the lighter colored stuff. Lots of narrow areas there. I would start with hunting them. Set up just far enough away from the good trails and see what happenes.

3. Englishman

Dislikes Received:
    its hard to find any good trails coz the cows have made a path in almost every direction!

4. BustedCoverage

BustedCoverage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's hard to say where I would try. I can't tell 100% from the small size of the picture but I think I saw 2 small ponds near the south end. I would try there since the deer have to drink. Maybe there are some water holes on the outskirts of the picture to the East and the West you could try.

5. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Zoom in as far as you can with Bing Maps and do as much scouting that way first. Get a general idea of what you want to scout then get in and out fast. Mid day should be okay during this time of year to make a quick trip in and out with cameras. Then hunt another spot to scout that with your own eyes while your camers work for you in the other area.... Many times success is a result from being able to adapt!! Good luck, and don't stress, the season is young....

6. Englishman

Dislikes Received:
    well my plan is to set up at least 1 stand 2moz for next weekend hunting and also all my cameras, i will be doing this between the am & pm hunt

7. Billy-Kayla Pulsifer

Billy-Kayla Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    you could use the logging area to your complete advantage its a little guess work but see which way the deer in the logged area are most likely to move, alot of my spots get logged every four years so it pushes the deer into specific areas and many times on the weekends when the loggers arent working the deer will go in and feed on some of the downed trees leaves, ive killed two over a downed cedar tree. blew my mind but i learned from it good luck!!

8. NebraskaDeerKilln

NebraskaDeerKilln Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dont be put off by cows. Deer walk and feed among them.

9. Billy-Kayla Pulsifer

Billy-Kayla Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yes this too

10. Englishman

Dislikes Received:
    ok so after looking i have decided to set my stand in the red circle its about 50yds x 30yds opening, its also in the middle of the land. after i set up i will walk around for a hr and set my cameras and see what they see, Thanx for all your help :)
    hunting land.jpg Hunting land 2.jpg