Need help attracting deer.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Chago, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone. Last year I had a accident that really effected my hunti season. I got in the bus a lot last year but ultimately sat in old stands that I really didn't scout much. Due to my accident I was not physically able to set stands, get cameras out etc. mid to late season I would just go in blind just to see if I got lucky. Even though I did lack of scouting and pre season set up. I did see a lot of deer, but didn't stick one.

This year I had some operations to patch up the I juries from the accident. I am finally back in shape now. Been practicing with the bow and anxious to drop a white tail.

I have two properties to hunt. My question is in regards to one in particular. This is a small property about 45 acres. It has a ton of deer to the north of the property, but it's very difficult to get in their during hunting season without jumping everything. Very thick bush and I'm walking right through bedding to get back their. So bedding is ultimately between my entrance and the hardwoods in the north. How can I attract the deer to go south from the bedding? What is the best attractant? If I do a plot it will be small and I think is too late now for Canada. I know deer love corn but unless the deer walk past it they won't find it. Anything you guys recomend that will attract deer like bears on peanut butter? I want to feed them in one area and set up a stand to intercept them from the bedding to the feed. Thanks.

2. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure deer can smell corn from a distance away. Everytime I find a nice spot in the woods and know there are no deer there, I make a $10 gravity feeder and put some corn in it, works every time!

3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    its not to late for an oat/rye plot.

4. dthbyhoyt

dthbyhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Put out a Big & J Cube , and also a bag of Big & J BB2 Granular , they will come ...

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Shelled corn and C'mere Deer Corn Coat!