Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Need Advise

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Mike K., Aug 7, 2011.

1. Mike K.

Mike K. Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am interested in buying a "new" Barnett Quad 400 but I hear bad things about the company and it's crossbows (limbs breaking+ strings after a few shots) anyone have one and are these story's true?,Thanks.

2. blugrass

blugrass Newb

Dislikes Received:
    barnet products

Mike, I have a barnet "jackel" that I really like. Had a bad time with the barnet 3 dot site that came with it though. Sight would'nt stay zeroed in.

3. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    my barnett quad 400 is great after 6 years

4. Austinhuntman

Austinhuntman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    God now. I have a jackel by Barnett and it is very accurate powerful and plenty fast for me. I bet those people telling you that were Excalibur and ten point owners weren't they. Bucks use I'd be saying the same thing if I had a thousand dollar bow because then it makes there bows look better! Don't listen to that kind of stuff. And I'd get the jackel it is cheaper and shoots only 15 GPS slower Han the quad 400 and it feels better to shoulder and the draw on it is lighter.

5. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a freind that has a barnet it broke less then 300 shots from it. I have heard good things about Parkers.

6. tradbow76

tradbow76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have several friends that own Barnett crossbows and have no complaints. My hunting partner just bought a new ghost 350 from Barnett. This thing is a beast. He shot a doe with it opening weekend and couldn't be happier with it. It does tell you to make sure to wax the rail and the string every ten shots but this should be with any crossbow due to the extreme pressure the string is under. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck and happy hunting.

7. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Really? I've always been looking for a better place to buy Gems from. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My Dad has been shooting his Barnett Wildcat C5 for 4 years now and no complaints. We had new string and cable put on it last summer. All of us boys were getting new strings and cables for our bows so we took Dad's in too. Haven't had a bit of problems with it. Don't believe all the trash talk. Haters will be haters

9. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First of most Excalibur Xbows are much less than $1000 and like most things in life you get what you pay for. I can honestly say with most archery shops I have ever been to more barnetts have been returned and need fixing up more than any other brands combined. I have heard Barnetts have gotten better but to me its worth an extra $200 to get a quality product like an Excalibur. You will not find a better company or warranty anywhere else.