Need a string for a really old compound bow - Golden Eagle Formula 3-D

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Arebet, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Arebet

Arebet Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know it was stupid of me for not checking but I bought a really old compound bow at a flea market. It was built before some of you were born. It is a Golden Eagle Formula 3-D. It needs a string. The string was snapped. My best guess is 56 inches. Does anyone know the length?

I am just interest in killing a hay bail and nothing more. I only ever did recurve and long bow. I just thought I'd try this compound for chits and giggles.

Lastly, I do not see me owning this for a great length of time, if you know of anyone who is looking for one of these to hang in their museum or other please direct them my way.

2. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    56 is one of the options for the bow but it ranges from 55" to 58" depending on the setup. Without having the bow in hand it's really tough to know for sure though.

3. Arebet

Arebet Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you 60X. I just now took more time to count the strings and match the two pieces together. Measuring the shortest and adding it to the longest coming up with 58 1/4. Then visa versa. I'm going to try 58 as a bit of the string is unwound would account for the 1/4 inch. Thanks for your input.

We'll see if something else goes wrong after the string. Age has a way of making us all brittle.

4. Arebet

Arebet Newb

Dislikes Received:

Wow...The one that got brittle is me. I got your string today. That thing will kill someone. What strength is that thing anyway?