Need a little assistance getting my sight dialed in

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by EliteGame530, Mar 4, 2014.

1. EliteGame530

EliteGame530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a G5 Micro and tooless 5 pin sight. I had my pins set for 10-50 yards at the archery range. I'm trying to get them grouping well and it seems like I need to micro adjust them.

I'm just trying to get the basic idea of how and when to adjust the sight left,right,up or down.
    If I'm shooting to the left, I move the sight to the left? I'm I'm shooting to much above, then I move the sight up more? And so on... or is it the opposite? Shooting right, move left? Shooting down move sight up?

I'm nervous to really adjust them without that basic understanding of how the adjustments work.

Also the individual pins. They also can be adjusted from the side of the sight with Allen wrench. When would you adjust those?

Thank you guys in advance

[​IMG]

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With a bow you follow your arrow with sight adjustments. So if your high you move up, left move left, and so on. With the pins you can usually go to 20 or even out to 30 and make sure the left amd right are good then from there you only haveta worry about up and down.

Just take your time and if you get back to a distance your having trouble with usually set bow down and take a break, if your not used to shooting a lot your form may start to suffer and then your really not doin any good.

Good luck

3. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ like he said- follow your arrow!

4. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    in addition to following your arrow, i would follow it my arrow first using gang adjustments rather than pin. i like to get my center pin sighted in first using the gang, that way it's center period. after that, i'll move the other pins accordingly.

that's just me.

it gives me a sense of organization through the symmetry. absolutely not necessary though. just my 2 cents.

5. EliteGame530

EliteGame530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the clarification.

I definitely agree with you about taking breaks and form suffering. So thank you for the reasurement.

Thank you everyone

6. Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A friend told me a phrase that helps me remember: CHASE THE ARROW! If it goes up, you move the sight up. If the arrow is left of your bull, chase it to the left on your sight. Kinda like a game, you move the sight where you saw it last so to speak. Chase it!