Nebraska

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by doehunter08, Jul 31, 2014.

1. doehunter08

doehunter08 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Normally I hunt private ground but recently the private ground has been getting way over crowded with new hunters so I decided to move on to some public ground and set some trail cams up and here is a little bit of what I've found so far. Any other Nebraska Public ground hunters?

060.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

Nobrow.jpg

2. NebraskaBowhunter

NebraskaBowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We don't hunt public land, but we've been getting velvet bucks on camera in eastern Nebraska. The past couple years we didn't see to many on camera, so this year is encouraging. Nice to see you're getting pics of velvet bucks on public land too.

3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is encouraging news from both of you.

We hunt private land but I did see a nice buck on public land near my work last week, probably a 130 something once he is out of velvet. I haven't put out cameras this year, based on what you guys are saying things might be looking up this year.

4. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I usually hunt private land also but have been seeing a lot more deer this year compare to the last couple of years.

5. joejoe32

joejoe32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have 1 80 acres of private land that has been pretty good to me out in eastern nebraska. I let it sit last year so nobody hunted it at all not even rifle season. That made a huge difference!! This year on cam I got 3 shooter bucks and a few baskets that will be great in a few years if they make it. Plenty of does to keep around till late season as well. The past few years have been rough in nebraska but I believe it's turning around. Just need some temp drops to put it in motion. I also hunt margrave public land by falls city when I'm out that way and have seen many decent bucks and an abundance of does!!!