Nebraska Hunters Check In

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NebBowhunter, Aug 22, 2012.

1. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is time to see if there are any Cornhusker Bow Hunters out there. What part of the state are you hunting in this year? I am hunting in Lancaster and Rock county. I will be hunting a mix of private and public land depending on the conditions. Hope to get a big one down with the bow this year. I have seen some decent bucks on camera and would like to know how your hunting woods look this year.

2. authentic

authentic Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked up a sweet piece of private ground in Sherman county. Actually got a close look at it for the first time last weekend. Going to hang cameras and stands in some obvious places this weekend. Just picked up a bow for the first time, less than a year ago, so when I get my deer this fall, it will be my first.

3. NE-Bowhunter

NE-Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be hunting Webster county on private land. Been seeing some good deer and have cool looking buck I call saber. Left side is a normal 4 pt side while the other side just one long brow tine. Hopefully have some good luck and knock some bucks down. Good luck everyone

4. NebBowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also have to hang 2 more stands this weekend. I already have a couple up but have got some decent pics that would be great locations to hang a couple more. I hope the dry weather doesn't affect the deer to much this year. The midwest could use some rain. Good luck to all.

5. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I live in Lincoln and hunt private property in Johnson & Gage counties. Should be an interesting year this year with the lack of rain and the early "harvest" on dry ground. Just put up 4 cameras up in the last couple weeks so I haven't really seen anything good yet but have high hopes. Should be a decent year on both my properties as long as we get some rain and get the creeks running again.

I like the idea of a state thread, it would be interesting if we could keep it going throughout the year so we could see how others are fairing. Good luck out there guys, be safe and shoot straight.

6. Tapewormboy

Tapewormboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy, I live in Omaha but kinda hunt private and public all over Nebraska. It's only my 3rd year hunting, and my 2nd bowhunting so I'm learning everyday!

7. grizzwald22

grizzwald22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt hayes and chase county, all private land. It is good mixture of mulley and whitetails, but not a lot of timber. Tagged out on my rifle, skunked on my bow tags (my fault, I passed up on some does early on). I am an all around hunter, fall: deer, pheasant/quails, ducks/geese. Spring: Turkey. Coyotes and preparation in between.

Who is going to the Big Buck Classic next weekend?

8. Tapewormboy

Tapewormboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out of town hunting hogs in Texas actually. Went to the BBC last two years.

9. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Tapeworm! Usually hit the BBC every year, not sure when I'll be up there.

10. NebBowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am also planning on going to it. Should be a good time like normal. Maybe see you there.

11. awehrmann

awehrmann Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in Elkhorn and hunt Washington county and wahoo county