NCAA Tourney Action, Let's Dance

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Mar 16, 2015.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The key right there. No doubt about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That about sums it up.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll say it again, I really liked that Wisconsin team. Was rooting for Duke but would have been just as happy if Wisconsin would have won. On any given night Wisconsin could be the number 1 team in the country, along with Duke and Kentucky.

4. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep still not over it. Put $200 on Wisconsin to win it all last Friday 5-1 odds. It's not the bet I just don't think Wisconsin will be in the championship game again in my lifetime.

5. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty good bet. (both the 5-1 on the Badgers and the fact they likely won't be back on that stage soon).

It's why it angers me to read Kentucky fans complaining about Cal losing in big games. We have 4 final fours in 5 years... what more can you possibly ask for besides being in contention for a title annually? Coach K is the best of all time and has 5 titles in like 30 something years as a coach. Cal has 1 in 6 years at UK. Sure some years they choked (2010 and 2015) but other years they didn't even deserve to be in the Final Four (2011 and 2014). We are losing 7 to the NBA this spring and STILL project to be a top 5 team next year. I'm just enjoying the ride because I know as soon as he retires/leaves we will slip back into the days of dreaming about even a Final Four.

6. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think you're right. The game with Kentucky should have been just another game, rather than the high point of the Badgers' season.

7. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If there was a week between the final four and championship game I think it would of been a different Badger team. with less than 48 hours between the games it was tough to get re-focused so quick.

8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My concern was more along the lines that the consistency of what was and was not called changed dramatically a few minutes into the second half. In this instance, Wisconsin seemed to be the team that failed to adjust to the change. It created a situation that appeared to play right into Duke's playbook. Good for them, they made the adjustment and won the game. But, it was almost like the last 15 minutes or so were played using a completely different set of rules. That should never happen. I have never seen a game where it was such a dramatic and immediate change.

9. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing that frustrates me is the video replays that they got wrong in the Kentucky game and the duke game... Why even have replay if you're not going to get the call right? I feel this way about ALL replay, not just the Wisconsin games.