NBA

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rockinchair, Feb 13, 2013.

1. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The NBA is so popular on this board I am surprised there isn't a thread on it already?

Anyway, thoughts on the first half of the season?

The Lakers suck, and Dwight is a cry baby. I didn't like him much before he went to LA, and I like him even less now. LA will still make the playoffs, but they just aren't a good basketball team. They should have hired Phil, plain and simple. Kobe continues to defy age and logic. The level at which he's playing at 34 and having been in the league for 17 years is just insane.

That said, Lebron is even better. Best player in the league hands down, and what is sad is we have come to take for granted just how great he is. His numbers speak for themselves, and he looks so calm and relaxed now it's scary. I always said once he wins his first ring and gets the monkey off his back, he'll probably just win 6 or 7 in a row. I was always kidding, and while that's still a bit hyperbole, it doesn't look like anyone is going to be able to stop him anytime soon.

The Spurs are actually probably the best team in the league right now, but would that will change once the post season starts. Poppovich is easily the best coach in the game right now, which is saying something considering how Thibodeau has the Bulls playing so well without Rose.

I think the Heat beat the Spurs or Thunder in the Finals.

Any thoughts?

2. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like your thoughts. I hope Lebron continues his stretch of dominance. It sure is fun to watch.

3. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Huge Nuggets fan here. We are quietly having a solid first half. Got off to a rough start with a ridiculous amount of road games right away but lately they have been tearing it up at the Pepsi Center. Very young, very balanced, very deep. This team goes as Ty Laweson goes.

As for the rest of the NBA, I dread turning on ESPN because there are roughly four teams that matter. If you arent the Heat, Lakers, Celtics or Knicks then you dont get national attention unless you play one of them.

4. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As for the NBA finals, Ill make an unoriginal prediction of the Heat over Thunder.

5. ICALL2MUCH

ICALL2MUCH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am becoming a Heat fan. Which is kinda creepy. But it is true.

With all of the athletes getting arrested, doing drugs, banging married women, taking HGH, etc.

I just laugh at the people who are still hating on Lebron.

LB has stayed completely out of the negative light (despite [gasp] announcing his decision on ESPN, and making 1M for the Boys and Girls Club).

I also believe he will be the most dominating NBA player in the last 20-25 years. MJ couldn't hold LB down with a small army.

6. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Im still a closet Thunder fan, and i think Durant will be in the HOF someday.

7. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    way to go out on a limb...

I usually don't follow the NBA till the playoffs, so I don't know much. I just know that LBJ is going to win the MVP again and Kobe might murder Howard.

8. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    With all the Lebron hype, Durant is currently putting together a very impressive resume. Hes only 24, leading the league in scoring for the 4th straight time and has a Finals appearance. Once Lebron starts to slow down, i dont think Durant will be stopped.

9. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Timberwolves suck again (Injurys have killed them more then any team by far). I'm beginning to not like K Love with some of the things he's said this year. The Bulls Rose Is all about him too I think. Lost respect for him too.

I'm with you Cody, I don't care for Howard. At one time I liked the guy too.

10. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Durrant Is also a class act by the looks of It.