Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Narrowed it too 3 what u guys think..

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by los11, Jan 4, 2013.

1. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have about a month left too hunt and I reallt wanted to hunt with a crossbow this year. I have handled alot of them and I was looking at the TenPoint Turbo XLT, The Parker Tornado F4 and the Exacaliber Vortex.. The tenpoint just felt very front heavy, the excailber felt great nice trigger but WIDE.. The parker was very nice the duratouch finish was nice and it wasnt to clunky nice trigger on it too.. Anybody have the parker what do u guys think also how are the stryker crossbows havent touched one of those??

2. wildcatter

wildcatter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Parker Tornado, or Ten Point. I like the Parker because it is faster and quieter, and like the ergonomics of there stock's. I have a Cyclone, 2 years old accurate as my Exomax, quieter than my buddies XLT, and I said that because no other crossbow is close to how quiet the Cyclone is or more accurate, that can produce the same speed or more. I would hold off on any Excalibur buy till I see the Matrix, if it is what they say,,,, That would be hard to pass for anything else!!! Nothing is more reliable than the current Excalibur's. Lastly you have made it a tough choice, all three have the best warranty and better customer service than anything else in the industry!! Excalibur is even Lifetime transferable warranty!! Good luck all great choices and truely a mater of preference!

3. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What about the carbon express? anybody have any info on that or I alos saw the Striker 380 how is that I beleive its made by bowtech? The Parker is 1 on the list just because the trigger is great and man does it feel comfortable...

4. CTStalker

CTStalker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    big fan of Excalibur and own one. You can't navigate through your home Walking Dead style with it, but overall they are fine pieces. I'm still waiting to take my first deer with mine and have a feeling a coyote will be first blood on it.

I went Excalibur as I wanted to go recurve instead of compound as I'm pretty rough on my gear.

5. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the excaliber its nice but I wanted something very small and compact for blind hunting. I really like the way the Parker F4 feels nice and compact, I also saw the Darton and the strikezone but didnt get top handle them saw some pcitures saw the strikezone in person at the shop but it was apart for service my local shop doesnt sell them.. At this point Tenpoint is out just too top heavy for me, the excaliber is gonna be my hunting ground crossbow for next season.. But I really want to get one before the season is up I have till Feb16th to hunt my options are Parker F4, Strikezone 380, Darton? I handled the GaleForce just didnt like the adj stock felt flimsy.. What do you guys think?

6. Wubba

Wubba Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Go with the excaliber you wont be dissappointed.

7. jeff-17

jeff-17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had ths SZ380 for a couple seasons know and love it . My nephew shot his first deer this year with it. We only had time for him to shoot my bag target 3 shots & my deer target once and headed to stand . A big doe came in at 40 yds.and he made a perfect shot she only went 30 yds, so he shot it 5 times total. It's quiet and super fast and not very wide, has great balance, do yourself a favor and shoot one. Jeff

8. Samillion

Samillion Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use a quest bow and a Excalibur crossbow in a blind with no problems. Stress free= Excalibur . I beat the heck out of it. No problems !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. dmwhite

dmwhite Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Parker !

10. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    which crossbow did you end up getting?