Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

NAP Crossfire 100gr.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Catskiller, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Catskiller

Catskiller Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just a report on NAP Crossfire heads.

In January, after the late archery season, I picked up a package of the 100gr. heads. I was skeptical of them because of their unique design and the fact that Muzzy hasn't let me down yet, but what the heck. The blades are made to spin independent of the shank and have golf ball style dimples.

I took them home and they seemed very sharp out of the package. Put one on, which you need the included wrench to do, and spun it. It spun very well. Out to 40yds, it hit right with the field points. Not bad!!

I took them on a hog hunt in Tenn in February to test live.
    At 33yds I shot a 225# piggy. Complete pass through and into the dirt. Pig went down in less than 50yds with blood pumping all over the off side. Picked up my arrow and the head seemed to take it fine. I will try to post an "after" pick of it.

When I had the pig butchered up, I saw the off side shield was smashed through and the exit hole was pretty large for a small profile head.

I shoot an old PSE Durango at 71#, 28 1/2" draw, 30" CX maxima
    weighing 435grs.or so.

[​IMG]

2. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using the Crossfires since they came out several years ago and feel they are one of the most under rated broadheads. I have one that I retired after killing three bucks with it. The dimples on the broadhead reduce drag and they fly great without any tuning.