NAP Apache Micro Installation

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Mkwa Hunter, May 21, 2017.

1. Mkwa Hunter

Mkwa Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just purchased a new NAP Apache Micro drop rest and would like to install it myself however their is not videos to learn how to install this rest properly. Has anyone completed an installation video? Please help![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It looks just like a regular apache rest. When I set mine up on my Arena 30 it was fairly simple. I'd suggest not using that little clamp for the down string, install it in the cable & serve it in.

3. Mkwa Hunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just like any other cable driven drop-away, lots of vids out there. Cable - the one that moves down when you draw, not the string (where you attach the arrow).

Hints: I would secure the pullcord at the level of the bottom of the grip. I serve a 1/2-3/4" part of the cable (so the cord doesn't slide up and use a D-Loop knot). You could use a brass knock.

Loosen the cord set screw so cable slide though it. Draw the bow. Then pull the cord 1/4" shorter and check timing. The rest should hit the upright position about 1" from full draw. Adjust cord from there.

Look at some vids and you will see what I mean. It's not that hard.

Mkwa Hunter likes this.
  5. Mkwa Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just purchased two football clamps for the down cable. Is this what you were talking about?

6. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't like the football clamps. Mine came loose and they "whip around" during the shot beating up anything they touch. I think you are asking about the old fashion Brass nock point (little brass "C" crimped on the string). You can "serve" a part of your cable so the cord does slide up. Several overhand knots will work, or search string serving. My bow is in a different building or I would take a pic.

Have you looked at "The Nuts and Bolts of Archery"? Ton of stuff there but you would learn a lot. PM my your email if you like. I would try to get it to you. But I am not to tech savvy...I can read though. I tried to attach it. We'll see.

Attached Files:

Mkwa Hunter and copperhead like this.
  7. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    mkwa_hunter what tools do you have?

Here is a video on setting up a RipCord. Very similar. With the Apache you would put that foam block under the rest to hold it to the top to level the arrow. once you have that you just need to make sure that when you draw the rest is completely raised.

In regards to what is a cable. The down cable is the one that moves down when you draw.

Here is a picture of a Mamba with a drop away rest installed. The down cable is the one closest to the riser on the bottom half of the bow.

[​IMG]

Mkwa Hunter likes this.
  8. Mkwa Hunter

Dislikes Received: