Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

NAP Apache CARBON Review!!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Sticknstringarchery, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    To bad it is made in China.

2. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was in need of a new rest and tried this one out and it is indeed a very very nice rest. The only thing that kept me from buying it is that it just doesnt prevent the arrow from bouncing around inside the containment when spot and stalking. For elk and mule deer stalking, the QAD is tough to beat as far as being quiet. If spot and stalk isnt on your agenda, this is a keeper.

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And where did you acquire this information?

4. Jbc3902

Jbc3902 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bought mine at bowhunterssupplystore

5. fornelli

fornelli Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, Jbc.
    I happened across that site yesterday and went ahead and ordered it there as well.
    Now the waiting game begins.

6. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    From Bob at N.A.P. US carbon made in China. Apache and Bloodrunners made in China everything else NAP made in USA. I called and asked.

EDIT: I called NAP with 2 questions.

Can the laucher be locked in the up position before drawing? No. Bob said they have not found a way to lock it up that is 100% foolproof. Now the Apache has a total of ONE moving part....works 100% of the time. I was interested in the lock in up position because of a past (my first) drop-away rest. It was years ago and when I drew to fast the arrows would bounce around. I have learned a lot since then. I may try one anyway. I like everything else about it.

Are the containment arms carbon colored available in black? I have an all black bow. The arms are carbon fiber not dipped in carbon fiber color.

I have been a NAP guy for maybe 30 years. I have great success with every broadhead and rest I ever used from them going back the Flipper and Flipper II in the 70's. I use the Hellrazors now but shot lots of deer with Thunderheads and Spitfires. We started talking when made in USA came up. Bob told me NAP makes all but the Apache and Bloodrunners in their facility in IL. They are a great company. I will stick with what works for me....NAP.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  7. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice, glad you like it. I tried lots of rests on mine then I got a WB sure shot pro, I know alot of ppl dont like them but I cant find a reason not to like it, it shoots perfect for me even out to 80 yards