N. Calif bowhunters, I could use your help

Discussion in 'West' started by HuntResearcher, Jun 2, 2021.

1. HuntResearcher

HuntResearcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone,

I am a researcher doing a study about preferences for hunting access, habitat quality, and site management on Northern California public lands. The results will be shared with USFWS and CDFW hunt managers at the conclusion of the research, and we hope that it will provide meaningful input from hunters as stakeholders and recreational users.

This is part of a larger study about the economic role of hunting in the habitat restoration economy. Earlier parts of our research involved in-person interviews at hunt sites--about 1100 hunters were interviewed onsite in 2019-20. Unfortunately, we only got a couple of bowhunters out of that whole group, so bowhunters are not well represented in our sample.

We are now doing a follow-up by email to try to expand participation more broadly, and ask a wider variety of questions. I would very much appreciate bowhunters here giving their input on the survey, which takes about 15 minutes to complete. All personal information is held in complete confidentiality.

We offer a $20 incentive payment for hunters who complete the questionnaire. To claim it, you would need to provide your name and home address so I can mail you the payment. There is also a no-$20 version (same set of questions) for those who wish to remain completely anonymous and don't care about the 20 bucks.

If you are interested in taking the survey, the links below take you to the appropriate page, which is part of my academic website (and has more description). I'm also happy to answer questions about it here.

bit.ly/HunterResearch20 for people who intend to claim the $20 payment

bit.ly/HunterResearch for people who wish to keep their personal information private

Eligibility requirements:
    • 18 years or older
    • have hunted on public lands in Northern California* in the last 2 years
    *N. Calif is roughly Fresno (D7) and north.

Thanks! Again, please ask your questions on this thread and I'll do my best to answer them.

2. HuntResearcher

HuntResearcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Whoops, I meant to say that you have to have hunted deer, upland gamebirds, or waterfowl.

3. HuntResearcher

HuntResearcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Last chance for this survey--we have to close down and process payments ahead of the end of the fiscal year. If you want to give your input and collect the $20, please do it now to ensure payment.

thanks

bit.ly/HunterResearch20 for people who intend to claim the $20 payment

bit.ly/HunterResearch for people who wish to remain anonymous (no $20)