My take on the Rage Broadhead

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by rickmur, Oct 10, 2010.

1. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    fletch920 do you ever have anything good to say or are you just on here tell people there always wrong and should ONLY use equipment that you use... "if you use rage, your a bad hunter. if you use rage, you dont know what your doing and your a lazy hunter." lol and the wounded army comment was great.
    if you put a rage on and it makes you more accurate. why wouldnt you use it? 2 main things a bow hunter needs accuracy and KE. so have your bow tuned up for max KE and if possible a rage for better accuracy. sounds like a no brainer to me.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch tells me good things all the time.

You're Great Germ, You're the Man Germ. I wish i could be more like you Germ.

Headstrong as to your post until you work in an archery shop (a big one) you will just not know how bad in shape a lot of guys bows are. They are really poor setups, remember BH.Com is less then 1% of the bowhunter population. We here at BH.Com tend to be a bit OCD about are bows, we're not the norm:beer:

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If multiple heads group. You are one of the minority that has taken the time and effort to tune and match your equipment to be ready for the field. Congrats on that. If enought KE and you have confindence in the Rage, shoot away. No laziness there.

4. Gr8atta2d

Gr8atta2d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Just remember those "Outfitters" won't let you hunt on their land with those Rage heads. (right Fletch?)

Might be a big negative to some??

If you don't have to scout, you'll have plenty of time to tune your bow. ? :evilgrin:

5. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Why dont you tell me what equipment I use. Bow, arrow, broadhead, release, site, rest, stabilizer, stands, camo, etc. I doubt if anyone on this site can do that because I have never professed that my equipment is the best. In fact, most of my equipment is several years old. But I can promise you it is well tuned. If you are using Rage for better accuracy, then you are either lazy or lacking the knowledge necessary to tune a bow. If the latter, you probably also lack the knowledge to understand the required KE and momentum to push a large expandable. Even if the KE computes, it is all wasted if shot from a poorly tuned bow. As many archers here have said, ANY good broadhead will shoot as accurately as fieldpoints from a well tuned bow. You have done a great job of helping me prove my point about the advertising campaign of a broadhead that should not be made available to a large percentage of bowshooters because the reason they shoot it is simply a band-aide for accuracy.

6. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. Many outfitters, some states, and the continent of Africa will make you actually tune your bow and shoot a fixed head. Gee, I wonder why that could be, obviously they are very accurate.

7. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Your great Germ. Your the man Germ. Your the best Germ. And a wonderful dancer.

8. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    He looks good in pink to :poke:

9. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have nothing to add about Rick's original post... all I can say is this....

How can you blame the average lack of tuning knowledge on Rage broadheads. Yes, they say that they fly like field points, BECAUSE THEY DO.... just like every other broadhead out there when shot out of a properly tuned bow. To think that Rage saying it has created slob hunters is ridiculous, they have been around a long time and will remain for a long time. If Rage wasn't around, they would still be buying the next mechanical just because they "shoot like field points". The problem isn't with the broadhead companies, its with the archery community. There isn't enough emphasis on tuning a bow. Every company in the archery industry, wether it be a bow company, a string manf., broadhead companies, sight companies, ect... they all advertise what there product CAN do, not what needs to be done in order for their product to achieve that.

10. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Rick don't get caught up in the drama here. We all know what opinions are like. If they did not work the way you hoped go back to the basics and do what you know. I Remember the days of using my Bear recurve at 50lbs. and a fixed broadhead on a cedar shaft with regular feathers and killed plenty of deer with them no stand no "scent blocker" jeans a flannel and my bow 25 yrds. and I had meat. I wish you a great season.

11. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    By not making an effort to educate the purchaser about the minimums required to effectively use large expandables, all mechanical head manufacturers that fit the mold are in fact doing a huge disservice to the bowhunting community.

The manufacturers ARE the archery community. They owe it to the sport to be upfront about the limitations or minimum requirements of their products. In that category, Rage has failed miserably. It might cost them a few sales. Unfortunately, I have seen the first hand results too many times.

12. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    you have to be kidding me. again if you say that it doesn't work than no one should using it. that everyone who uses one is and idiot, no one here bow hunts to your standards, no one ever field test these products. bring down the big bad bh companies who makes these heads that do the most damage possible. time and time again you see pick of what this bh will do but who cares because africa wont let you use it... and the only people who use these heads have to be stupid, unknowledgeable, ignorant, bow hunters how dont know how to tune there bow and are going out only to wound deer. ignorance is bliss, wouldn't you say?

13. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL Apparently......

14. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    again your blaming the manufacture. damn those guys for making a great bh. dont you think the blame should be on the guy who buys it. if he cant push enough KE i think it might be his own fault unless he know nothing about archery and a pro shop set him up with it, which would also be there own fault because just like anything else you should do your research

15. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know if I shoot 2 of these at a single dot target at 40 yards, one of the arrows is going to get tore up.
    I know for a fact they won't open in my Quiver or in Flight.
    I know for a fact they start cutting on impact, and will never fail to open.
    And I can tell you I don't give a rats hind quarters if my broadheads hit with my field points, I'm not shooting field points at deer anyway, I want my equipment tuned 100% to my broadheads not the other way around.

[​IMG]

Hell, they even work with a recurve on Bear and Deer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't make me tell you all that story again about how Chuck killed 2 Deer with a field point just to make an ass out of his brother in laws that were bad mouthing a broadhead, don't make me do it!

17. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Talk about Ignorance!!! The point Fletch Is saying Is some of these bowhunters (beginners or whatever) don't know what their doing and their buying these hyped up heads because their pushed so much on TV and pro shops. Another thing too Pro Shops don't have their **** together either on these heads. Way to many times I've saw them set up kids shooting 40 pound bows with a Rage head. There's so much BS getting flung around with these heads that It's pathetic. It needs to start with the manufacturer 1st. Maybe then some of these bone head pro shops will get their **** together!!

18. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Open to some flame here, but what does it say about the celebs that endorse these products, more specifically, God. (Chuck Adams)

19. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    now THAT is ACCURATE. ha

Maybe the most profound thing you have ever posted.

20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    And then he brushed his teeth with it.