My puppy found her first shed!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Tree Stand Whacker, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Tree Stand Whacker

Tree Stand Whacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been working with my pup since 8 weeks at shed hunting. I have been using all of the Dogbone products and training methods and have been having a ton of fun with it! She is 8 months now and in my opinion she is doing very well. But, she still has her struggles. Not sure if its holes in my training, or if there is just more time needed for her to mature. In this video she finds her first naturally laying shed, and I am able to find two antlers on the weekend. But as always with this Growing Wild, these videos are about a whole lot more than just hunting success. It's about time with my family in the great outdoors. Please let me know what you think! And if you shed hunters that use dogs have any feedback I would greatly appreciate it!

2. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The difference, I believe, is your scent in your home. The sheds you train with you should leave outside. I used Rack Wax each time I trained until Leo was a year old. I also let him chew them all the time up until he was 2ish. He did find his first when he was 9 months old. Please don’t think I spent every waking moment with him cause I didn’t. I have said I think I picked the right dog from the litter. You have a great looking dog. And it would appear she just needs to figure her nose out. She will get it. Stay with it. Treats help also for when she finds a shed, even a training shed.