Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

My oldest Son

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by peakrut, Aug 18, 2008.

1. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Well the time has come for my 11 yr old son Dylan to take his hunter safety
    course this coming weekend. I cant believe its here as a father Ive dreamt of the
    day my boys can hunt with me. He will be 12 on christmas this year so on that day he will be able to hunt here in Wisconsin. He has been shooting his browning bow but wont be ready until at least fall of 09. He is also on the fence when it comes to wanting to hunt but when I ask him if he wanted to take this course he said yes right away. So I will walk the fine line with him for now and not try to push him to much for the hunting part of it. He does like shooting that is for sure.

2. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice!!!! I remember when my daughetr was there and when she killed her first doe with a bow!! Man memories that last for ever. Cherish it right now before you know it they are married or school is interfering so cherish it ever minute!! Walt

3. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    very cool T... I'm takin my oldest boy to the gun season in AL this year around christmas, I expect to see him get his first buck then... ya, he's only 7.5... nice thing about having land down there... no real age restriction...

4. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I envy you Tony. Best of luck to you and your son when he takes that 1st trip out bow hunting with his pops!!;)

5. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good times ahead, take lots of pictures. Something I wish I had done when the kids were young.

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome! I can't wait for gut season to get here also. My youngest son 13 y.o. has got the bug going pretty good. He's been reading my hunting mags, looking at Cabela's catalogs, & I even took him out last week to shoot a Bowtech Edge. He's fired up over that bow. But he'll have to wait till late fall till he has his money saved up for it. Are you going to take him out on a youth only hunt this fall, & if so are you gonna tape it? I plan to tape his first hunt in Oct. He just bought a new scope for his shot gun last week, & were going to site in this Fri. He's defintely stoked. Isn't great that he'll be out there with ya? That has always been my dream.