My Last Gunhunt

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by racewayking, Sep 19, 2008.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was cleaning out pictures from my computer and found one from my last Rifle Hunting trip from 5 years ago. It was taken north of Craig Colorado and shows me getting into the zone. We were shooting to the right at a ridgetop that the Elk would come around and then traverse about 550 yards away. Got me thinking that next year I might need to get out west for an archery hunt!

[​IMG]

2. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's this??? A gun on a BOWHUNTING FORUM? Oh my! :D

Just ribbin' ya. Beautiful country out there! I hope to make it one day.

3. TexasBowHunter

TexasBowHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You know I haven't actually gun hunted since about the mid 90's but my oldest daughter started showing an interest in hunting a couple years ago and I started sitting with her and a rifle. I never took a shot (it would have had to be a biggun) but last year I had been working with her on shooting the wife's .243 and I was sitting with her when a long horn spike came out and I let her take a shot at about 80yds and low and behold she connected and put it right in the boiler room...She was all of 7 years old and is driving me crazy about this year, so I am sure I will be sitting with her a good bit this year too....Hell, I think I was more proud of that spike than I am of my biggest buck with a bow...!!