My first post.....Best Bow set up?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Greyguitar13, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Greyguitar13

Greyguitar13 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is my first post here, so forgive me if I ask the same questions that were answered last month. I'm looking for a really good Bowhunting rig. I just bought a 2008 Bowtech Commander that should be arriving in the next week or so. I will primarily be hunting from a treestand in Alabama. The Bow is pretty long at right around 37.5", but should be a little more forgiving and will work out nice if I get involved with 3d after hunting season. But again, the bow will be set up for deer hunting from a stand. Anyhow, I looking for a really good set up, one that I won't want to replace with something nicer in a few months. I figure if go ahead and spend the extra money on some top of the line componites now, and will cost me less in the long run. The bow will pretty much need everything (sight, rest, release,etc). Right now I'm looking at a G5 XR sight, but I'm not fully committed.Can you guys please give me some opinions on the best Bowhunting Rig? Thanks for your time in adavance-----Chris

2. MNKK

MNKK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Best advice? Go to a pro shop. One that deals in nothing BUT archery.
    As far as arrows, sights, rests, stabilizers, releases, etc. They (shop) should let you try some out, in house of course. Just find what fits you.
    Like arrows. I know a lot of guys on here are using carbon...Personally, I haven't been sold on those yet. Maybe someday, for now, I trust the kennetic energy of a good, heavy walled aluminum arrow. I don't see why I need to go any faster, or smaller (OD) with the carbon, especially when the longest I will shoot is 30yards. Maybe if I was going to go out to S. Dakota, or one of the plains states, and tag an antelope or something, but in the woods, it really doesn't help.

Again, alot of the stuff out there is all based on preferences. I prefer kenetic energy over speed. Look around, read posts, better yet, talk to people (like you are here).

3D shoots are fun, I used to shoot at an indoor league here in MN. It would take place in the winter. It was fun. They set up the fake christmas trees to shoot around, and some other gimmicks to really liven it up. That also helps build confidence.

HAVE FUN!