My Clock Came Home

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by chieffan, Dec 6, 2017.

1. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    About 22 years ago I was doing wood working as a winter time hobby. Lot of scroll saw and fret work type stuff. I decided to take on a major project and build a Cathedral Dome clock. Finished clock is 22" wide, 12" deep and 50" tall. The plan are $30. I took all winter to construct. I had the info on the amount of 1/4" birch plywood, internal cuts and approximate hour required. At the time the wife worked at the local hospital and when she pass they put the clock on display as a loan. When they remodeled, no place for the clock. This was about 10 years later. My GF's son had a terminal disease and was in the local nursing home. They accepted the clock as a loan to be on display. It remained there for another 8 years or so. Then one day when Carolyn went in the nursing home she noticed the clock was gone. Found out the admin. got fired and he said the clock was to go in the dumpster, along with some other odd ball retaliation stuff he pulled on his way out the door. We put the word out we wanted that clock back but no one knew anything about it. Yea right. Then we got a call from an aid that had worked there for many years and told us what happened. Her brother had came and got the clock and had it in his basement about an hour away and we could have it back. Sunday afternoon we made the trip and picked up the clock. It is now in our family room in the basement on display inside an enclosed case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Xyxus likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Stunning piece of work.

chieffan likes this.
  3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're very talented! Beautiful work.

chieffan likes this.
  4. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. Was a lot of fun to build, one little cut out at a time. All on a scroll saw with a few hundred blades. Hand picked all the plywood for grain and possibly hollow places. Fret work is the actual cutting out the internal pieces. Drill a small hole, feed the blade through, anchor it to the saw arms and cut away.

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That’s insane! No way I’d ever have the patience for that. Kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

chieffan likes this.
  6. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You my friend have much more patience then I.. Beautiful work!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

chieffan likes this.