Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

My "Because I don't have enough money" Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by INbowhunter, Oct 16, 2023.

1. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im thankful that here in PA, its not that bad... yet. But as PA grows more and more trophy deer, we are seeing a glimmer of what you're talking about. We never used to see the Whitetail Properties trucks around here, but we are now. Thankfully our game commission controls about 1.5 million acres of state gamelands open to the public.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this here, but I'll be honest. TV and all this constant push that we all need to own our little private oasis to manage and that is the only way to harvest trophy deer is what is driving this market. Through the years, they have convinced people that you have to manage ground, raise and grow your own deer to shoot or you won't have good hunting. I realize that every state is different. I've venture to say that public land in PA is better hunting than public land in Iowa since there is limited acreage there compared to PA. Its a shame too. No more are the days of wanting to go out of state and knocking on doors to gain access to ground. Its feasible, but nothing like it used to be. I remember stories my dad used to tell me about hunting Wyoming, where they'd hunt a week in the mountains for mule deer until everyone tagged out, then go knock on a couple ranchers doors to get permission to hunt antelope. Now, even antelope are a tough gig. Everyone is seeing the dollar signs associated with land access and hunting. Pay to play. Its getting worse and I really fear that it will hurt our hunting heritage in the long run.

INbowhunter and Mod-it like this.