Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

My 09 shed thread, Updated June 3rd, Found 8 more, couple hawgs!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by shed, Mar 27, 2009.

1. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    wow look at those tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cool finds & good luck with the bear.
    For me personally it is so cool to know & be able to visualize the spots you are talking about.

And speaking of views....that night before I had my brush with that big ol bull, I was content with sitting out on that point & watching the sunset over the lake, it was so beautiful. Then ol big boy went on the move & I went to cut him off.

3. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great finds Shed!:cool: Id say your off to a hell of a good start.

4. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been side tracked with killing turkeys and trying to find a good bear to kill.. but I decided to shed hunt after work tonight seeing that the snow was finally melting in some of my better big buck hide outs...Had a heck of an evening shed hunt after work. 3.5 hours invading a big bucks bedding area... I am after this guy and I found one of his sheds tonight along with 7 others.. not to mention I found two other since the last time I have posted in here.. creeping along.. 21 sheds now.. lots left to find as you will see in todays pix.. the snow is JUST finally melting.. in many of my best areas.

CLICK on the link below from our RJ site to see the sheds I found today, April 27th.. 28th for you easterners.. its past midnight back there! Thanks guys I still have a lot o bone to find.

http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php?topic=1607.0

5. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Outstanding sheds Troy!!

6. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nicely done Troy.:cool:

I miss shedding already.:cry:

7. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Mike I just had all those pix and didnt want to upload them all into photobucket so I linked it up ...Found 3 more today.. one dandy 4x side.. 12 plus inch tine and the match to yesterdays 4x side

http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php?topic=1607.0 just updated the thread in RJ .. page 2 todays sheds..

24 and counting.. With this late late winter, I have atleast 1 to 2 good months left before hvy green-up starts working against me.

8. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, you officially left this guy in the dust. I'm sitting on 19 sheds, and I doubt I find any more this season. I guess I might stumble onto one on Saturday - taking a buddy out turkey hunting and I'm running the camera. Since I'm not on the trigger, I can keep the peepers scanning the ground. I'd like to hit one more and make an even 20.

Good luck on the turks! I'm putting together a little video of this year's turkey season. You'll get a bit of a bang out of it.

Self-videoing a turkey hunt can be a real cluster$%@#. LOL

9. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fran you had a great shed hunting season, I really like that Ohio bruiser you'll be after next fall. I bet you think about him daily. Those were some really niced sheds you and Rybo found. Thanks on the turks, I killed one the easy way (shotgun) a couple weeks ago, I get to start with my tradbow tomorrow, will be much more of a challenge. My season for my second tag opens back up May 1.

Good luck with your video, that will be a kick! Take care man and thanks again. Kill a good one bud!

10. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shazzam!!!!!

Those are some nice looking bones you found......

I would almost be jealous till I think about all the up and down you do to find them (and hunt them) :d :d

Hope you get a chance to get on one of them bucks this coming season :cool:

11. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks bud, I hope I get on one of those bucks myself.. I took my 8 year old boy Jess tonight we found 2 more Fresh ones, one buck one bull elk. I am really proud of him its the hardest he's ever hiked, brushy and steep we went up over one mountain about couple thousand feet he is worn out but we had a great time! Pix updated on the RJ thread! Thanks again ... You all done for the season Wiaxle ???

click here for the April 30th update pix on the RJ page 3! 26 sheds now, creeping along! LOL http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php?topic=1607.30

12. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ya, I think the season is pretty much done for, turkey season has been going on for the last 3-4 weeks, so even though I don't partake, there are a few people out in the area trying to bag a tom, best to just stay out of the woods.

One of the guys was plowing up a field last weekend and found half of a 2 year old 10 pointer, didn't look like it had been laying there that long, maybe stumble across something while out checking deer stands in a couple months (found one last year about 2-3 weeks into the bow season in a stand, chewed up spike) but for the most part I think we are done....

13. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ya, I think the season is pretty much done for, turkey season has been going on for the last 3-4 weeks, so even though I don't partake, there are a few people out in the area trying to bag a tom, best to just stay out of the woods.

One of the guys was plowing up a field last weekend and found half of a 2 year old 10 pointer, didn't look like it had been laying there that long, maybe stumble across something while out checking deer stands in a couple months (found one last year about 2-3 weeks into the bow season in a stand, chewed up spike) but for the most part I think we are done....

14. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Updated found 3 more with my sons..new pix here > http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php?topic=1607.30

15. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Troy. It's great to see your kids getting involved. Nice Finds!!

16. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're in trouble Troy. Your boys look like they're gonna follow your footsteps more and more and chase down animals with you.

Gonna get expensive.. but fun.

17. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hope so Mike they seem to like it, I can't wait till they get a little bigger, the deer drags and elk packs will be a lot easier!

18. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Updated May 11th .....found 6 more tonight after work, one nice set off a buck I have a little past with.

page 4 on the RJ link has the pix updates http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php?topic=1607.30

19. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Found 8 more this evening, a couple dandies to boot! Updated on RJ thread page 5, lots of PIX ... 43 total.

click here http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php?topic=1607.60

20. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Troy... that's awesome. Nice job on the finds. That set and the last heavy one are impressive!