Muzzy Replacement

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hatfield Hunter, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After many many years of happily using the old style 4 blade Muzzy 130 grain heads, I have run out of heads, as these are no longer available I am searching for a like style replacement ! looking for 125 to 150 grain, preferred 4 blades, like the tro car tip also ? any thoughts are welcome, I am a long time archer 52 years of bowhunting, I love the heavier heads, especially now that I have to use an x bow, those qold 4 blade 130 grain muzzies busted shoulders. these new wimpy 100 grainms are fragile and don't crunch bone as well

Russ morton likes this.
  2. ThrustWasher

ThrustWasher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using the Magnus black hornets and they work extremely well, And you get the added bonus of a lifetime warranty. After I use one I just remove the blades and resharpen them! Killed 4 deer with the same head!

3. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been a big fan of the Trocar HB, they fly great and put a hurting on deer. I haven't punched a shoulder with one et though, so I cannot give feedback on that aspect.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If you're looking for a solid fixed blade head with 4 blades that's available in 125-150 I'd look at Slick Trick.

JGD, cantexian and muzzyman88 like this.
  5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ This. I've shot the Slicks for years after being a big Muzzy fan. They're really basically a Muzzy on steroids IMO. Super sharp and super strong. Can't go wrong with the Slick Tricks.

6. matdrenalin

matdrenalin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    And Muzzy also did away with the 125 grain four blade which I still shoot. Wish they would bring one of them back.

7. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a huge fan of the Slick Trick heads as well (me personally the Grizz Trick II 125).

I am interested in trying some others this off season and did get a new head (Tooth of the Arrow 125 w/ 1-3/16" cut) I'm anxious to try out.

You can get you a 1 pack for free (coupon code tryus), costs a couple bucks for shipping. If you have a few good friends at work and a couple extra bucks for their shipping you can get a few of these heads I'd imagine...wink...wink.

https://www.toothofthearrowbroadheads.com/

100 or 125 grn.
    1” or 1-3/16” cut in either weight

Machined from a single piece of high carbon steel and have a similiar design to the slick tricks except blades I can re-sharpen.

Attached Files:

8. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Slick Tricks are great heads and sturdy. I’m still using the 4 blade 100 grain Muzzy with a 75 grain insert. Works great.