Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Music

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by dnoodles, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow dude. LIVIN

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna be hard to beat last night's show! We definitely put our time into getting there hours early and waiting...it paid off! We were 3rd in line to meet Gojira, got to meet them, then we got center stage on the front rail. Lorna Shore absolutely killed it!!! It was so awesome seeing them live. Will and the boys proved that they have what it takes to headline. Will has a mesmerizing stage presence, and his vocals are unlike anything else. I lost my voice 2 songs into their set. We then gave up our front rail spots to go get some merch and a few drinks. Mastodon was mind-blowingly good. We were able to get back up to 3rd row for Gojira and got swept up, pummeled, and crushed in the swarming ocean of people in the crowd. You either go with it and have fun with everyone else or get stampeded. Awesome night! So glad I got to see Lorna Shore from the front row. They already announced a new tour with them headlining. Unfortunately, its overseas until after the new year. I wish they could have plugged into Mastodon/Gojira's amps so we could get the real feel of them. Next time!

The meet and greet pic is the link. Not sure why it won't let me upload the file/picture like the other pics.

upload_2023-8-21_12-24-35.png

upload_2023-8-21_12-24-53.png
    upload_2023-8-21_12-25-48.png upload_2023-8-21_12-26-8.png

upload_2023-8-21_12-26-35.png

View attachment upload_2023-8-21_12-16-6.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
    virginiashadow, Justin and JeffC like this.
  3. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Another awesome weekend of concerts!

Friday night, my son and I saw Get the Led Out, the Zeppelin tribute band. I was skeptical and not interested, but my son bought us tickets.

MIND BLOWN!!!!!! Holy mother of god were they amazing!!!!! They played the songs EXACTLY like the studio recordings to a T! I couldn't believe how good they were, all the guitar solos, drum fills, and organs/keyboards, was SPOT ON! Every instrument sounded exactly how it should, the musicians did not add in anything of their own at all, it was all pure and true to the studio recordings. An amazing thing about them is that they change the setlist every single show!

If at any point in your life you liked Led Zeppelin, you HAVE to see these guys, trust me it is that good!

Saturday morning we got up early and headed down to Atlantic City to see my favorite band, Life of Agony. It was a lot further than I thought about 6 hours drive. My son wasn't happy about it as he was driving, LOL! I had never been to AC before, and if you are from there or near there, I'm sorry and don't take this personal....What a sh!thole!!! The whole place was disgusting, it's where the ghetto goes on vacation. Never go there....EVER. I'll post my review i left of the hotel at the bottom of this post.

We were the first ones in line for the GA show at 330. Door opened at 6. We got in at 6 and were front and center. LOA never disappoints! All the times I've seen them, I've never been front row for them. I had a blast and had many interactions with the lead singer while on stage. I'll post a video someone took and you'll see my big fat bald head in a LOA shirt rocking out! Awesome band, awesome night

No Zep pics, sorry!

upload_2023-8-28_14-22-33.png

Double Chinning!

upload_2023-8-28_14-23-16.png

upload_2023-8-28_14-23-54.png

upload_2023-8-28_14-24-19.png

upload_2023-8-28_14-24-59.png

virginiashadow and ash d like this.
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are animals!! I love it.

I completely forgot that the Electric Callboy show is next Weds and right in the middle of an early season KY deer hunt that I decided to go on. So I plan to drive 6 hours down to KY on Sunday morning, then hunt Sun/Mon/Tues evenings. I'll get up early and drive back home on Weds morning. I should be home around noon so I can work 1/2 a day before hopping a train downtown for the show.

Then, I'm going to get up early on Thursday and drive back down to KY for Thursday/Friday hunts before coming back home on Saturday for my son's football game. It's going to be a lot of windshield time, but I don't mind it. That's when I get most of my podcast listening in.

ash d and Swamp Stalker like this.
  5. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When I'm working this is the kind of stuff I've got going
    Brothers of the Heart - kind of a "super band" in their genre

This is Ben Issacs singing but man Jimmy Fortune has got some pipes

This is Bradley Walker with Jimmy Fortune finishing it out
    Where no one stands alone

6. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Believe it or not, my 1st cousin the original beefcake is Michael Bishop of Gwar, he's now the lead vocalist. I talk to him quite often. He is and always has been a very funny guy. We laugh a lot. I talk to him about 1-2 a month.

7. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Oh wow, that is awesome! sorry, I bashed them, I just never got into them!

8. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate their music myself!

9. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The iPod has been all over the place tonight here are a few good ones in my humble opinion B6F8D554-05BE-4E13-A816-CDC8F1C1DBB1.png B6F8D554-05BE-4E13-A816-CDC8F1C1DBB1.png 56AF1FCC-E821-4F3D-9E0F-2A20507B3A14.png CE293821-0F4F-4615-B0C1-53A94845D23B.png 4FD906AA-EC60-473F-9815-18768DB96C2B.png A88EFAC0-90DE-4339-BE4E-B75EC019D6F5.png BAD127D8-7670-4B3B-8F71-5C4D41693177.png 3C92F3F9-B93C-48C5-9ADA-415609FB1EAE.png

JeffC and Swamp Stalker like this.
  10. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    check out Bush "1000 years" with Amy Lee. Even my wife enjoys, lets me blow off the dust on speakers

11. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Popped up in Facebook feed, one of the few decent covers that went mainstream.

Swamp Stalker and Justin like this.
  12. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I remember seeing AAF open for Linkin Park before this song hit big. Nobody knew who they were and people were booing because they sucked so bad. :lol:

I'm headed out to rage at the Electric Callboy show tonight. I'll update you old guys if I get a decent video from the pit tonight.

ash d, Swamp Stalker and cantexian like this.
  13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've never gotten into their music but they are by far one of the most entertaining live shows of all time. We saw them on Halloween one time and it was great. Late 90's or early 2000's maybe? It was a loooong time ago.

14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My wife and I spent 10 days in Southern and Western Colorado and just got back Monday night. We were camping in our sprinter in Golden and having dinner at a biker bar across from the campground when my wife said we were only 4 miles from Red Rocks Amphitheater and she just scored 8th row tickets on a secondary market for a show that night! We quickly finished our beers and jumped in the van and headed out to the RV lot where we were the 4th vehicle to park and started to tailgate and chill until concert time. Vance Joy was the act, which would not be my first choice, but he did put on a great show and I had always wanted to go to Red Rocks. I would have went to see just about anyone at that point and really was not at all disappointed in him. I will definitely return to that venue, it is magic. My goal now is to take my sons and their ladies there for a concert of their choice. If you ever get a chance to go to Red Rocks, just do it.
    RedRocks.jpg

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Went last September saw Tyler Childers, Cody Jenks, at redrocks and Nick Shoulders at a little venue in Denver that had awesome BBQ. Red Rocks is bucket list. Fletch see many falls on the way out of the venue? Usually gets drunk out, oh and the Chick filet at the exists is brilliant.

16. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome! We like Tyler Childers and have seen him a couple of times at music festivals. My wife looked up the same seats we had the other night for Tyler's concert there later this month and they are $1,600 each. He must have quite a following in the area. I think the box office price is $300 each to get in the venue and they go up from there. I think my wife paid about $300 each and it was worth every penny to sit in that place. I know I will be back.

No falls seen. lol. But, we stood in the wing for the last song and then beat it for the RV ahead of the crowd so we could get out of there in good time. There were no Chick filet's that I saw for this concert. Plenty of food vendors, but not them. ??

ash d, Swamp Stalker and Sota like this.
  17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  18. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    RR is on my bucket list for sure!!

Sota and fletch920 like this.
  19. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Just added to my plans........