Music for Video's etc.....

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Creeks, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I would get a head start on some Audio, Camera will be here tomorrow and just wondering where are some good places to get some music, loops, sound, etc.....I know one which is really good is Audio Blocks, are there others that are as good or better...
    Thanks
    Creeks

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Youtube Audio Library has some pretty good stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

Creeks likes this.
  3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used audio jungle: It does cost but most are reasonable. https://audiojungle.net What are you planning to use for editing? Some editors come with some stock music.

4. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    right now I have adobe premiere Elements 15

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The YouTube music has come a long way in the last couple years. They've even used some on BHOD.

AudioJungle is a good one too. I've been using Premium Beat lately. Huge library and very reasonable cost.

Next on my list is Art List (https://artlist.io/). They have a yearly subscription for $200. That may sound steep, but you get unlimited downloads and can use anything you download for ever even if you do not re-up after the first year. So, for $200, you can download as much as you want and build a huge library that you can use forever. Basically it'll pay for itself if I use more than 5 songs all year.

6. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Subbed.

Was going to re-ask this question soon. I need a new theme song for my webshow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

copperhead and Creeks like this.
  7. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bringing this thread back from the dead...Fitz did you end up grabbing artlist? Seen it and than read back this old thread and saw you mentioned it?

Creeks likes this.
  8. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    I talked to Fitz on the phone a few weeks back and he hadn't done it yet.

I ended up using some stock YouTube music for my stuff. Turned out pretty good i think:

When on the stand, i can talk to the camera all day. But for some reason i clam up in a studio setting. Gotta work on that for the future.

Creeks likes this.
  9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nah, I haven't yet, only because I haven't been editing the last 2 months. I will for sure by Fall.

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Just do it more and more. Even if you end up not using the footage just putting in the time is best. One thing that helped me I know was when at home or at the desk doing videos I'd often times have the view finder turned towards me....now once I get it how I want it run test shot flip that thing around and just talk to the cam and avoid staring or looking off cam at the viewfinder.

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Loved the video though man. The footage is solid and editing flowed IMO. Only issue I had was audio levels. When you were talking I had to turn it up and then turn it down during b roll (which was awesome)

12. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    The audio levels i 100% blame on Corel. I cant get it to even out no matter what i do. The music was at 25 and the talking at 250...and its still off.

When i get a new laptop and move to 4k, ill get a different editing program.

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:

Hmmm... gotcha. I use audacity sometimes on the front end now, however I've yet to actually release a video online as recently upgrading has me scrambling to figure out the ins and outs of the video editing software, audacity (utilized for podcasts primarily) and new camera set ups.

Trying to refine and create the main intro I'll use every video. Problem is I've always focused on just content and discussion but trying to produce more of a polished look means lots of B roll needed...fyi love the intro bud, you guys truly have polished up a lot this year presentation wise!

14. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I pulled some loops from Garageband on my mac for my videos. I've also found other instrumental tracks from videos on YouTube. You can get the audio from them by downloading and clipping it in Garageband. The hard part is if you want to monetize your video on YouTube, they do a good job of analyzing the music to see if anyone owns the rights to it. If they recognize it as such, you can't monetize your video. Not that I've made any money of my 6 videos but may as well give it a shot. I guess technically I've made money on my videos but YouTube won't send you a check until you start to make in excess of $100 a month in revenue. I will check out the link Skywalker posted though. Thanks!

Creeks likes this.
  15. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man.

A catchy intro is important obviously, but ours for the last 2 years has been a minute long and i think thats too much. Gonna cut it down to 30 secs next year.

16. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They pay you through Google AdSense once you reach $100, with no restrictions on time. I get a direct deposit of $100 about once a year (I just got one last week actually). But yea, if you use any music or content that they think is licensed then you won't get money from that video. I have been using less and less music, just the intro. Next year's intro will be short and no music.

17. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    YouTube just recently changed their policy on getting paid. Only channels with more than 10,000 lifetime views can monetize videos. Supposedly this is to prevent people from creating channels to copy and post other people's viral videos, to make a quick buck. I've been doing the You Tube thing for a few years. Made about $1000 in that time. I have learned a few things. Hunting videos, like we make, will get you subscribers but less views. How to and review type videos will get you views but not as many subscribers. The How to and review viewers just watch your video and move on. The hunting/fishing video viewers will sub and follow you. Either way, it's fun to do and I earn a little extra spending cash.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  18. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    That makes alot of sense. I have 207 subscribers but only get 50-200 views per video. Even if i share it 3-4 times on facebook and post it on a few forums.

Now if i post it on facebook directly, i get alot more views. My last one got shared 70+ times and had 20k views.

Also... a short video gets ALOT more views than a 10-15 minute webisode or short film ive noticed as well.

All that being said...i just enjoy hunting and hanging out with my friends. The videos make it fun, im not trying to go "pro" so the number of views dont matter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Windwalker7 likes this.
  19. MissionOutdoors.Net

MissionOutdoors.Net Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started off using some of the free music places, but even though I had a "license to use", YouTube still gave me some problems for a while. Now I go to PremiumBeats. It's a little spendy, but I don't have any issues with YouTube anymore.

20. MissionOutdoors.Net

MissionOutdoors.Net Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One thing I've learned over the years on top of what you mentioned, is it's also a team effort in a way. Sportsman are the minority on YouTube with the majority being "stupid comedy", and the channels that work together are the ones that tend to grow the biggest. Most of the bigger channels I know collaborate with other channels no matter their size, and it seems to work. I'm just starting to get into that myself a bit.