Muddy Safeguard Harness (Thanks Walt)!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Schultzy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of my favorite hunter's on HNI and Bowhunting.Com PMed me a while back telling me I really should get myself a safety harness for obvious reasons. I asked him a pile of question's and I told Stikbow (Walt) that I didn't want anything that was going to restrict my movement allot. He lined me up with a harness made by Muddy Outdoors called the Muddy Safeguard Harness. I'm Impressed with this thing! I took It out tonight for the 1st time. I've never ever had a safety harness before so this was all new to me. My movement was slightly restricted when I turned sharp to the right but I'll figure something out with that as I get more use to this thing. I've always been a very confident person In a tree whether I'm 10 or 25 feet up, heights don't bother me none but wearing this harness tonight really put me In a comfort zone I've never been In before.

I thought I'd post this and give a thumbs up to Muddy Outdoors on making a very good product and to also give a big thank you to Walt for being a friend!

Thanks much Walt!:d

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to see you are wearing a harness. I know of so many that say they are confident in the trees but it takes just the littlest slip and life as they know it is over! And I agree with you about Muddy products!

3. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Steve I am glad you have done this just think of the alternative buddy if you did not.

T

4. MNKK

MNKK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know who made my harness, but I won't get out there without it. I have used it twice. :cool:
    Once I fell asleep, and well...you know.
    The other time, I had a really hard shot around a fat oak, and just leaned out until the harness caught me, and I got my shot.:cool: :cool: :cool:

I definatly dig these things.

Another thing. Have you seen some of the commercials where the guy falls out while he is wearing his harness...doesn't work like that when you are sleeping. :cry: I did manage to keep my bow in my hand, but it was because of the wrist strap. Other than that, you just swing around, and clock yourself in the head with something, then drag your face across the tree. But I will take that over falling 12 feet, and landing with a tree stump up your umm....yeah.

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Its about time Steve :smash: Thanks Walt for slapping him around a bit :rock: :nana: J/K

6. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Better late then never!

7. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    X2! We want you around for years to come brother!

8. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    Well I figured out my problem on not being able to shoot sharp to my right with this harness on. I positioned the strap on the tree so It Is about eye level and I then positioned the hook In the tree strap on the left side of the tree. I Imagine If your a south paw;) (left handed) you would then position It to the other side of the tree. Just thought I'd let you all know I figured it out and to let others know what to do who are unfamiliar with these such as I am.

9. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks allot guys!! There are some outstanding people on this site. Thanks to each and everyone of you who've always had nice things to say to me on here and on HNI. You know who you all are.

I wish you all a safe and successful hunt this year and years to come.:cool:

10. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    You also buddy.