Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Muddy camera arm question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by RATHER-B-BOWHUNTING, Oct 10, 2016.

1. RATHER-B-BOWHUNTING

RATHER-B-BOWHUNTING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So ive been lugging around the muddy hunter camera arm and base for a while now.. I hunt from multiple permanent hang on sets but only own one base. My question, since i have the muddy (hunter) is this the only base that will work with my arm, or would the pro, or outfitter base work? Same size reciever for the post on my cam arm?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure if they are the same size or not. I can tell you for sure that the pro base is not all that strong and stable so if you have any weight to your setup, you will get a lot of bounce.

My suggestion would be to sell the Muddy, and invest in a Fourth Arrow camera arm. In my opinion, it is far superior to the Muddy in design and flexibility. You can buy extra bases at a far more reasonable price also. I have the Stiff Arm Pro which is rated up to 20lbs. It is rock solid with very little to no bounce with my setup. I've been using it since the beginning of this season and have been extremely impressed with no complaints.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The Pro & Outfitter bases will not work with the Hunter arm. They're totally different sizes. Unless you have a monster camera that weighs a ton I'd sell that Hunter arm and get something more compact. It's a pain lugging that big thing around.

I also own a Fourth Arrow and while it's nice, it has some issues as well. I personally think it's a toss-up between the Fourth Arrow and the Muddy Outfitter/Pro for overall usability.