Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

muddy bloodsport onyx micro diameter arrows

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by dnoodles, Feb 27, 2023.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    anybody use or have experience with them? CamoFire has been running them on ridiculous sales off/on past month or so, $60/12; bare shaft with outserts. They're 11.7gpi and since I am a heavy arrow devotee, I couldn't resist and bought 3 dozen. I plan on getting them up around 500+ TAW when it's all said and done. This isn't a heavy arrow debate thread; I say that just to put it out there. I've been running .204s of various makers at about 530gr for the past 3-4 seasons and I am happy with how they perform. I've never shot micro shafts before.

Worst case scenario they end up becoming my trad bow arrows for the rest of my life; best case is I got enough arrows to last me 4-5 seasons at least.

Anyway, I know not many use them but if you do or have, please post here with thoughts and recommendations for inserts.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  2. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I see a lot of views but no responses so guessing nobody is using them, lol. Guess I'll be the guinea pig, but as long as they are decent you can't beat the price.

The 300 spines are actually 11.7gpi, so with the half-outs they come with being 60gr, @ 31" the TAW with 100gr head they are going to be about 540-555 (depending on lighted or standard nocks) which is right about where I was at last with a couple different arrow set ups season. 525-545 seems to be about the sweet spot for my bows as I can still shoot out to about 85 yards at the range, there is very little drop inside 30, and they hit like sledgehammers.

The half-outs are a bit long for my liking. I wish the outer sleeve went the length of the inner shaft. Going to have to use a very short profile broadhead; maybe this is the year I finally try Exodus. The green line is appx. where the bottom of the shank will sit flush with the shaft, so pretty much the entire shank will be in front of that green line.

upload_2023-2-28_21-14-59.png

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  3. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hope it all works out for you, now that you sunk the farm into em. Kidding. Seriously though, I'm interested in how it all turns out. I have no reason to change anything up this year, but always looking for good options.

dnoodles likes this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be watching...I stocked up on some Cx mayhem sds a year or two ago. Similar interest, cheap pretty heavy shafts and I'm fruggle. I think those shafts may be about 1 gpi heavier and the half outs from cx don't have that internal seating...I did go with a 4 fletch aae for the heavier arrows...

Good luck.

dnoodles likes this.
  5. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Going with 4 vanes on something this heavy is not a bad idea, especially for fixed heads. Most accurate hunting arrows I've ever shot were .204 Victory TKOs with three 2.5" shield cut vanes.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023