Moultrie XA7000i cellular camera

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, Jul 8, 2019.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I am thinking about buying one of new Moultrie XA7000i cellular trailer cameras and wanted to see if anyone had one and how do you like it. What are the pros and cons. From what I read this particular camera is supposed to be 20 mega pixels so I would think it should take good pics but I have never had a cellular style camera and all of the pics I have seen online whether it be Moultrie, Spy Point, etc the pics don't look that crisp and clear. Is that just something to do with how they are sent? Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

2. Jim L

Jim L Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought one last week and its working good. Check your area for reception before you order make sure you have good cell service in the area your going use. Easy to set up and work with. So far folks at Moultrie are good to work with.. Setting in the camera you use can effect your battery life. You must use the hi efficient batteries.

JHasty likes this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Jim L. Luckily I have good service with Verizon and AT&T in my area. I always like to get people who have used the products advice before I buy. I never trust what you see on tv because we all know how that goes. According to the celebs who endorse the product theirs is the best out there and there is nothing better. I have a couple of Moultrie cameras and have had a good experience with them I was just nervous because I have never had a cellular camera and didn't want to drop alot of money on something that was junk.

Jim L likes this.
  4. Jim L

Jim L Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you order now with Cabelas(have not checked other sites) there is a $50. rebate to go with camera plus 3 year warranty. Here is a pix I got this morn from he camera. This is HD not super HD
    [​IMG]

JHasty likes this.
  5. Jim L

Jim L Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to say went thru the first cam and now the second one and both have failed. Sent back one to Moultrie and one I sent back to Cabelas for refund. I was hoping it would work and it did for a few days but that was all.. Maybe the new ones will work better...