Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Moultrie Game Cam Return Success

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by No.6Hunter, Apr 14, 2014.

1. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have two moultrie game cameras (M-80 & M-100) that have quit working due to who the hell knows. My dilema is Moultrie said they would attempt to fix the cameras for a charge, and if that didn't work they would sell me a camera at a discount. I bought these cameras 2 years apart and have had them for less than 5 years.

I dont know what to do, Either I pay to have them fixed and hopefully they work for longer then 5 years Or...

Do I switch it up and take a loss on the Moultries?

2. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks. I've been in that situation a few times with Cuddeback. If it were me, I'd cut my losses and move on to Covert. I haven't had any problems out of mine yet and so far their customer service seems to be great

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I sent back a Moultrie M80 last spring. They told me the exact same thing they are telling you. In less that 2 weeks I received a package from Moultrie with a brand new M80 in it. The Serial number had been changed to notate that it was a replacement, but it was clearly a brand new camera. Worst thing your out is a little postage, even if they decide not to replace it.

4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I've had to deal with them a couple times in the last few years as well. Getting a new camera each time and like mentioned, only out postage. A new warranty starts when you receive a new camera too.

5. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    So, you were told the same then, about having to pay for repair or replacement and then they just hooked you up with a new cam no cost?

Hope this works, will be sending cams back tomorrow hopefully

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, word for word to a tee. Honestly, I think it's their way of weeding out some of the returns. A lot of people would be less likely to send it back knowing they are going to have to pay for a warranty repair, or pay for a replacement. It they told everyone to send it back and they would get a new replacement, well you would be assured that everyone would be sending it back.

7. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never thought of it like that, I will ship them out and hope for the best i guess

8. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad I followed back up on this. Good point Skywalker. Best of luck No.6Hunter

9. trvsmarine

trvsmarine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well you cant complain too much if you have had them for five years and have just had a problem. Camera's have a one year warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

10. Mckaax

Mckaax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Moutrie has the best customer service.. Same thing happened to me with a feeder. Sent it back and got a new one..

11. FearNot

FearNot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are not going to last forever. It's an electronic device you hang on tree in hot, cold and wet weather.

12. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    A $200 camera should last me more than 1 1/2 Seasons, thats why we pay the price for an expensive camera. I'm sending in two cameras one is Estimated maybe 5 years old and the other I bought January of 2012. Two years?!?!?! Should be working still IMO

Sooo I sent them out today and we will see what happens

13. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had an M-880 that just stopped last Nov. I got the same story you did and I sent it in and withing 2-3 weeks I had a new camera.

Mine was still under warranty but still the same result. They never even told me what was wrong with the other one just sent me a new one without so much as a reason. Which is fine with me!

14. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well got a package from Moultrie yesterday unannounced, other than an email with a tracking number.

In the box was 2 Moultrie C50-Blx, that were clearly refurbed for this type of situation.

So, they never contacted me like they said they would to go over my options, they simply sent me their cheapest replacement without an explanation.

So far, these are my last Moultrie products

15. Mckaax

Mckaax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So thwy sent you two new freebies for the price of shipping? Sounds fair to me... They could have left you hanging being they was out of warranty.

16. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I understand them sending a replacement for the M-80 just because it was out of warranty for quite awhile, and I appreciate the replacement very much so. (replacement had something rattling right out of the box)

What I dont appreciate is them sending me a refurb camera that is not anywhere near as good as the camera I sent them to "Fix" / "replace". I never received a single email or phone call from moultrie explaining what they were going to do before they sent out these cameras.

I guess I rather have my $200 bricked M-100 than a bottom of the line camera.

17. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The replacements lasted even less time for me,changed brands and never looked back.