Moultrie customer service

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Pro V1, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    In the middle of August a purchased a moultrie. Feeder "mechanism" from gander mountain. It was one of the cheaper ones that doesn't have a timer & runs on a "light" sensor @ dusk & dawn. Original price was $40 but I found it in the "close out" bin for $2.87. The box had been opened & it had been on the shelf for a while but I couldn't pass it up for that price. Got it home & wouldn't you know it didn't work right out of the box. Called moultrie then sent it in the next day. Yesterday I got home from work & found a brand knew one sitting on the front steps. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly & knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a camera that was having issues and I sent it in and they just sent me a new one. Everyone that I spoke with was very nice the only complaint I had was they did not update me on what was happening or send me any tracking info about the pump they were sending back just a quick email saying my camera was broke and they are replacing it would have been enough.

Oh well still very happy over all with how things turned out.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have also sent a camera back. They sent me a new one in it's place and I received it within two weeks of shipping the defective camera back.

4. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Exact Same for me, it took 5 months to get mine back though, I think they forgot about it so I reminded them and I had a new one back within a few days.

5. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I got mine back in less then 2 weeks

6. stratofisher

stratofisher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got to say moultrie did me right with a replacement camera inside two weeks. Quality customer service

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a feeder blow over in a wind storm and broke the feeder motor brackets. I know... I know... I should have staked it.

Anyway I called them up to see if I could buy a new set of brackets and they just sent me a new feeder motor free of charge. Now I have spare parts if the replacement takes a dive. I have never had a bad experience with them. So far the new 880s trail cams I purchased this year are winners too!

8. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    What are the night pics like for the new 880s? I just got one.

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty nice. I just grabbed the first one out of the folder I had open. By no means the cream of the crop and simulates worst case conditions. No back drop into an open field. A lot less grainy then some of the other camera I have ran the last two years. I won't tell you which ones as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :)

[​IMG]

10. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Haha I'm the same way, that looks good. I have gotten about 30 night pics so far and I have it up higher so its kinda hard to tell and no deer have walked in front of it close yet. There are some bucks walking past it at 60+ feet and you can easily tell what buck it is.

11. RuggedOutdoors

RuggedOutdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had a feeder motor problem and I called their support. They answered my question and solved my problem. Very helpful and very conscious of it being deer season so they wanted to take care of it as fast as possible. Made me a customer for life.

12. drycreek

drycreek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They must have improved in the last five years or so. Back when I had their cams, I would have to wait 5 or 6 weeks to get a replacement cam. I think all of the companies replace rather than repair, it's cheaper. We would probably be surprised to know what a $200.00 camera actually costs them to have built in China.

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you ever tore one down? There is absolutely nothing to them.... I going to speculate $50 or less....