Moultrie and Spypointe cellular trail camera

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, Feb 8, 2019.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I’ve never had one but I am wanting to purchase a cellular trail camera this year. I want it for watching deer and turkey on my property but am also having a problem with a neighbor trespassing on my land and saying I am on his land which I’m not. I have looked at Moultrie and Spypointe. Moultrie has one coming out this year that is 20 mega pixel and will run $179.99 and Spypointe has a micro camera coming out that is 10 mega pixel that is going to run $149.99. I am trying to see if any fellow hunters have any experience with Moultrie or Spypointe cell cameras and how they like them. What are the pros and cons if any. The reason I mentioned there 2 in particular is because I am not in a spot financially where I can go out and drop $399 or $499 on a camera and these 2 are at a price range that I can manage. I know both companies have similar sites where you can download the app and do everything from your phone from checking pics to change settings I just want to get some different honest opinions. I’m just curious if one company is better then the other when it comes to service, camera quality, etc... Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a spy point. WHEN it worked it worked great. They were a new company and had a few snafus with the carriers. As an example after my camera stopped transmitting pictures I was told to reboot it manually. The problem was the reboot was 350 miles from home. To their credit after the reboot and new software update the cam seems to be working now and as a gift for the hassle I was given a free all access plan for 3 months to be activated whenever I choose.

JHasty and Planopurist like this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the info drslyr!