Moultrie A5

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by bone_driven, Jul 31, 2015.

1. bone_driven

bone_driven Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im looking to buy a few more game cameras on a budget. i want 2 more but my budget is around 150. I found a deal on 2 moultrie A5 cameras that come with 2 8gb cards. Do anybody use these cameras? Are they reliable? i dont know much about this model but for the money i cant beat it. What yall think?

2. txbowhunter13

txbowhunter13 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They will work, but honestly think you will find yourself wishing you had a better camera. If you've gotta have 2 for 150 then go for it.

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got one. Really no settings options but it gets the job done and haven't had any problems with mine in over a year and a half. Got mine new for $45 last year so $150 seems a little steep.

4. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've got one. The only problem I had was when it got really really cold. I would buy another if I couldn't get something for $200 or more.

5. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still use one. The quality of the day pics are not great, but I would consider them decent for that price range. I think the night pics are good. Settings are limited, but the only setting that I miss is the battery percentage. I just usually run it until it dies.

6. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would look at getting a Moultrie Trace Premise...same hardware as the Moultrie m-880 but a fraction of the price and takes good pics!