Moultrie 1100i

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by kyle6464, Aug 29, 2014.

1. kyle6464

kyle6464 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys i just bought the new moultrie 1100i. I had it out in the woods for about 2 weeks, when I pulled the card yesterday it had a ton of pictures of nothing and zero night time pictures. There were only 2 pictures of deer. It is sitting on a clover plot and I can see where the deer have been eating the clover in front of the camera so I know it should of had some deer pics on it. The only good tree available is facing southwest so when the sun sets it seems to set off the camera every few seconds even though there is no motion decected. Has anyone experienced these types of problems with this camera or able to give me any advice? Thanks

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have any experience with the Moultrie cams. However I do know from past experience that facing your camera in any direction other than North can cause false triggers. The farther you deviate from the Northerly direction the better chance you have of this happening.

With that said, for the price point that that Moutrie comes in at, I would highly recommend checking out Stealth Cam's new G-series of cameras. The guys on the team including myself have been using them now since spring. Everyone has really come to like these cameras. Picture quality is great, trigger speed is fast, battery life is great, and motion blur is minimal. I would encourage you to give them a shot.

3. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using the Moultrie brand for years. I would only assume they have good customer service because I have never used it. I would first test it in your yard and see if you get the same kind of results. If you do, I would think they would send you a new one to replace it. I do not have an 1100, but do use an 880 and my brother has got good results with a 990. I feel the M-880 is the best camera on the market for the money.

4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Make sure there's nothing waving around in front of it.

Blessings.......Pastorjim