More comfortable for all day sit.. Lone Wolf or Millennium Stands

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by mhouck06, Oct 26, 2018.

?

More comfortable for all day sit.. Lone Wolf or Millennium Stands

1. Lone Wolf

6.7%
  2. Millennium

93.3%
  1. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Typically in the rut I have been traveling to different states to hunt.. That being said I have mostly used my summit viper for my all day rut hunts. IMO the summit is one of the most comfortable stands I have sat in for long periods of time. Around home I use primarily hang on stands. I have a couple muddy stands and then a ton of off brand stuff I have bought at dunhams, walmart etc. None of them I feel are comfortable enough for an all day sit. This spring we acquired a 1000 acre lease in KY.. its shameful to admit this but I have not been down to it yet. Some of the guys immediately went down to scout it in the spring.. according to their reports it seems climber hunting may be a challenge down there. I would like to buy a relatively light hang on that I can "run and gun" with. One of my requirements is that the stand must have the option of pre-hanging a strap, that way I can have multiple trees prepared. That is mainly why I have it narrowed down to Lone Wolf or the Millennium. Both have options of buying extra straps. I was leaning towards lone wolf because of packing the steps but I believe that I am going with one of the two step systems listed below. With the step issue taken care of I think I like the looks of the seats on the Millennium stands better. They seem like they may be more comfortable for an all day sit. I would really appreciate any input on comfortable hang-ons. It doesnt have to be these two brands either.. I just require that what ever stand you recommend have the optional hanging strap accessory. Anyone that could compare these stands to the comfort of a summit climber would be greatly appreciated also.

https://www.wildedgeinc.com/
    http://www.bullmanoutdoors.com/

2. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using my viper as a hang on the last two years with lone wolf sticks on public property. I pack out the bottom 3 sticks and leave the top 2 and stand in the woods. Amazingly it hasn't been stolen yet. This year I was in the same boat as you and strongly looked at the millennium option. Very comfortable but due to an accident, I need to use a shooting rail and an xbow to hunt. I do have an older lone wolf hang on that is very uncomfortable for all day sits.

I think I'll be getting a M100u or maybe even the M150 for next year. Add a caldwell tree pod(?) and I should be good to go. Good Luck!

mhouck06 likes this.
  3. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Just the type of response I was looking for. Thank you very much!

4. jchunter

jchunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Millinium m100 and a summit viper. The Millinium is going to be similar to the Summit for comfort. Great all day stand. I sat in a friend's Lone wolf assault one day all day. I had a hard time sitting still, I just couldn't get comfortable after a few hours.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mhouck06 likes this.
  5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If they were still selling them I would recommend a Chippewa wedge lok with extra brackets over both the LW and Millennium. Way better hanging system. Yes own all three.

mhouck06 likes this.
  6. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated. The steps I decided on are back ordered for a while. I'm wondering if the lone wolf step attachment will work on a millennium stand

wildlifebioLU likes this.
  7. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up ordering the M100U stand and I actually order the Millennium 250 sticks. The steps I posted above that I wanted will not be in stock for a while. The only bummer is that the sticks do not seem to pack on the stand like the lonewolf sticks. I have the Sitka Tool Bucket so hopefully I can just fashion something out of that with the stand and sticks.

8. jeff-17

jeff-17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the M150 and am planning on purchasing the new 360 this year. Millennium stands are AWESOME>

mhouck06 likes this.
  9. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can report that I loved the M100U for our all day sits in KY. The only thing I need to get used to is setting the top step up better. For me, it seemed like a little bit of a challenge to get around the back rest and the folded up seat when attempting to get on the platform. Since it was an all day sit, I did not mind but if I were getting in and out of it more often I would have to set up the steps different or figure something else out. Amazing its only 13 pounds.

10. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A lone wolf stand is about as comfortable as a pineapple up the ole prison wallet

11. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much anything is more comfortable then a lone wolf.

The seats on the M100..m150s ect are about as comfortable as you will find in a tree stand. Even the m25 and m50s are comfortable.

12. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    that's 2 "prison wallet" references on the forum in the same day! Swear I didn't see yours first.
    Even a Millennium M7 is very comfortable compared to any LW. Even a LW climber seat is uncomfortable enough that I got a Hazmore.

Actually, I can't think of any hang on that is better for real run/gun hunts than an M7. Throw a cam-lock strap on the bottom and they are solid as a rock. Platform is a little small for size 12s in rubber boots but that's the trade off.

13. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    On some forum, there was a post were they put a Millennium seat on a LW stand.
    I love my LW climber for “run & gun” hunting, but 4 hours is my max. Have a Viper, but hate packing it, hooking it up and nesting it back together. It does sit nice. Some days I miss my old Loggy Bayou stand, but it could be noisy to climb and would slip on a hard bark hickory. Guess there’s no perfect stand out there.

14. tOSU

tOSU Newb

Dislikes Received:
    As others have said, LW is not comfortable, seat is just too small. I start to move around after about 3 hours My Millenium stands are much more comfortable, just bring a seat pad & you are all set.

15. ThrustWasher

ThrustWasher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Millenium M150 is hard to beat for all day sits!

16. Jerry Casperson

Jerry Casperson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i'll tell you this much, you want a mesh seat. And the M150 has it. I started using all mesh seats this year and you can not beat the comfort of it.

17. John Eberhart

John Eberhart Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No question here, Tethrd Mantis saddle.

oldnotdead and mhouck06 like this.
  18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't mind the stock Lone Wolf seat. I've been using them for years and I do close to a dozen all day sits each fall in them with no issues. And I sit most of that time. Maybe I just have a fat ass and it's more comfortable for sitting on all day.

While I'm sure the Millenium and other mesh sling style seats are probably more comfortable, the LW is not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. In my experience anyway.

mhouck06 likes this.
  19. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I too don't mind the stock LW seat. Plenty of all day sits and no troubles.

However, I haven't tried any of the other seats that were mentioned so maybe I have no idea what I am missing...

20. wildlifebioLU

wildlifebioLU Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I too actually like the lone wolf stock seat. I have the assault ii hang on and the alpha hand climber ii and can hunt all day in them no problem. My dad has a millennium tree seat that I have sat in and hunted with. It is more comfortable than the lone wolf, but not so much so that i would sell my lw and buy a millennium. I love everything about my lone wolf stands: carry-ability, ease to hang, silence, etc. Just can’t beat American quality imho. i just weighed both stands today: assault weighed 9.89 lbs without the straps, and 10.5 exactly with the straps. My hand climber weighed in at 15.41 lbs! Both of those are less than advertised weight. From what I’ve read, millennium stands actually weigh several pounds more than advertised...pretty common for companies that manufacture overseas.

If I wanted a stand to hang once and leave up all season I might consider the millennium, but for hang and hunts—no way. Buy American and hunt like a wolf! On the off chance you regret it, you can sell it very easily and buy the mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums