Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Montana Archery Success!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Life by the Horns, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Life by the Horns

Life by the Horns Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great archery season targeting one specific buck, but it doesn't turn out exactly like I envision..... which is just fine!

Hope you enjoy!

0317 likes this.
  2. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good footage of your hunts. Enjoyed it.
    But...., why set up so close to the property line knowing there's a good chance he'll get back over it after the shot? That drives me nuts!

Also, as I've said before, this is a fairly big forum. The " look at me" platform doesn't go over great here. Contribute to others that post.
    That is all :moose:

3. Life by the Horns

Life by the Horns Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The neighboring land owner is totally fine with me retrieving deer on his side. He doesn't live in the area, and his place has little pressure until gun season, at which point I don't hunt there anyway. I don't normally hunt that particular fence crossing, but the buck moved his patterns and was hugging the river's edge, crossing at the corner almost butted up to the river. It was the best ambush point, and seeing as how #1 it is very legal, #2 no one bow hunts that property, and #3 I am allowed to retrieve deer on his place, why would I not set up on that crossing?

I think the real lesson that one should glean from this hunt is that integrity matters, and even though I could have easily shot that buck on the neighbor's side, and no one would have been the wiser, I did the right thing and didn't even consider shooting him there. If someone has a problem with me hunting on a legal side, 35 yards from a fence crossing, and never shooting deer on that side, then oh well...