Montana Antelope

Discussion in 'West' started by Owen Darrow, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Owen Darrow

Owen Darrow Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm planning on putting in for a 900-20 Antelope tag for Montana but have heard that the Antelope population got hit pretty hard by the droughts last summer. Is it worth it to still put in for this tag or head to another state? My thinking it that if they got hit hard in Montana they probably felt the same thing in all other states. Also, my thinking is to just head towards Miles city and check out some block management land but if you all have information of productive parts of units that would be great as well.
    Happy hunting!

2. Montana Elk Man

Montana Elk Man Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the SE corner of Montana and so far, I think this is the most antelope I've ever seen. Even got a bunch of little ones running around. Defiantly matters if it gets hunted hard. Things are looking good. Usually in the fall they get the taste of snow and head south, but so far things are looking good here. Good luck and Good Hunting.

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't looked at MT for NR...you wouldn't happen to know if that's an option and/or what that would require for points, do you?

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    900 tags for Montana lope are easy draws. Reason being is the 900 units are predominantly private land in the areas the hood the most lope. Montanas F&G website has all the previous drawing stats on it.

5. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was supposed to go to WY for antelope and deer this year but with the way things went down over winter, we decided to hold off and try another approach. Applied for a 700 Montana Antelope tag this year, not overly optimistic but worth a shot.