Monster Raxx ?

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by PRHC Bowman, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The stump I drilled out is working great the deer hit it morning and night. I prefer the stump method because I do not lose any product in the soil, every ounce of the Monster Raxx goes to the deer not the ground.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure that will work just fine. I personally don't see a downside to the Mineral Leaching into the soil. The deer eat the dirt to ingest the mineral. I just put this video together the other day for my site, I talk a bit about why I choose to use Monster Raxx and how I believe it benefits the deer. I'm certainly no expert, but I have been using Monster Raxx for the last 4 years, and have tried dozens of other products before that. I've had great results since I started using it. One of the things I have noticed since I started with Monster Raxx, and quit using high salt content minerals is that my bucks seem to have less broke antlers. I can't say with any certainty that the Monster Raxx has any effect on this, but since I started, there have been way less bucks with broke tines that frequent my land. Could just be a coincidence, but I personally don't think so.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The main reason I went with the stump was that I have not had success with putting mineral in the soil at my place. Another reason to go with the stump was that I did not have an actual stump in the areas that I feed and set up cameras. I do move cameras and feeding sites around so having a portable mineral site works for me as well.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Keep us posted on how it works. I'm always looking for new innovative ideas and different ways to do things.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a camera and a grain pan plus the stump set up, I poor a little deer feed on the stump when I feed. I was on vacation for 8 days in early april the deer did not get fed but they still came to hit just the stump morning and night.

6. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was I the only one who noticed that Monster Raxx mineral meets within a couple percent or a fee ppm of nutritionist ideal mix for deer mineral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the nutritionist doesn't listen he just waits to talk.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It has been interesting looking at the deer and seeing what they like about the Monster Raxx. I have a camera set up with a feed pan and the stump loaded up with raxx. I dump feed on the stump and put the rest in the pan. During this time of year I typically have 2 does that have fawns on my land. When the does drop fawns they push the other deer off so my feed consumption drops to about half, I will go up to feed and there will be feed left in the pan. There is never feed left on the stump they clean that up first.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: