Monster Raxx question??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 2xlung5h0t, Aug 8, 2012.

1. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is it to late to put some out? I've finally wrapped work up for the remainder of the year (give and take a couple weeks) so I now have time to take the trail cams out and start scouting. The season starts Sept. 8 here in GA. If it isn't to late what/where would be the appropriate application sites?

also...

Does anyone have a stealthcam SKOUT-7? I found it at basspro for $99 so I snagged one to add to the collection. Any pros or cons?

Thanks

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just spoke with Tom (monster raxx) about this myself. It is not to late at all. He told me that around mid sept the bucks will stop coming in but the does still will. Which also works out because the bucks will come in to scent check the area. The bucks will head back to the minerals around dec/jan. As for the trailcam, I can not help you there.

Now the rest question is, what do you do for a living and are they hiring? I need a job that ends this time of the year!!!

3. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks!! and I work outside sales for a major wireless provider. I set a goal every year to work as hard as possible for 8 months and take the last 4 off for personal/hunting time. I work from home and am contracted out so as long as i produce/exceed my annual quota then I can take off whenever. I also own a small local business that ties into my "real" job. So during the last 4 months I have income coming in also. At the moment I'm pretty lucky, but the market is ever changing.

4. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If Monster Raxx has a liquid,the deer would be on to that right away. I personally use Deer Caine and Rack Stacker. My mineral stations began with powder,now I only use liquid to replenish them.
    As far as the Stealth Cam goes. I'm borrowing by buddies because my Bushnell Trophy Cams at work on bear baits a few hundred miles from home. During the testing, I found that they take "a month of Sundays" to trigger and eat batteries like they're going out of style. Good quality video though. Nothing beats Reconyx cams.

5. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The longest it has taken the deer to find any of my new Monster Raxx sites is about 24 hours most are hit within 6 hours. You can add a bottle of Whitetail magnet to help get the deer started on it.

Deer Cain has very high % of salt and can not be classified as minerals. As far as Rack Stacker I have never heard of it but would guess the same high % salt.

As far as too late ... No it's not and what was said above is spot on.

As far as trail cameras ... My vote goes to DLC Covert but I may be a bit biased :D