Mock Scrape Products and Reviews

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Loggyjens74, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Loggyjens74

Loggyjens74 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all!

Just wanted everyone to give their review on the mock scrape product that they are currently using. I know there is a lot of different threads on this topic, but i was hoping to just get everyone's review on the product they are using in the woods.

I have been using the Tinks Power Mock Scrape. I'd say it has been working alright, but I haven't had a hole lot of mature bucks using/checking it out. Lots of 1 1/2- 2 1/2 year old bucks. Haven't had any completely take it over yet either.

Post your thoughts on your brand.

2. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last Saturday afternoon I hit a scrub oak in the middle of my little food plot with Trail's End Active Scrape on the ground, coupled with Code Blue's Rack Rub on a self-made licking stick. This tree had not previously been touched by a deer

I had 2 different 130+ bucks on video hit it at 22:58 and 23:08 hours. Both bucks used the licking stick I made, but the second one stripped another branch and made his own licking stick also.

I have had similar results with the Tinks Power Scrape scent, but I prefer to use the camo-clothed Magnum scent dripper over the orange plastic Tinks dripper. For one thing the scent drip is much more controlled and the Magnums last at least a week or 2 longer with the same amount of scent. Also, last year 2 of the 6 Tinks drippers I used somehow wicked water back up inside the container. This may have happened after all the scent dripped out, but either way I didn't like it as it can introduce mold.

4. DnH_Scents

DnH_Scents Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This morning I finally sat in the stand overlooking one of my licking branch sets where I had applied my overhead branch scent. (I started this branch site in Aug) This young guy came in offering up a shot but I passed and opted to shoot him with my video camera instead. It was only 26 degrees will hardly a breeze. It was a great bowhunting morning to be in the woods and to be treated to a show.

To see the setup of the branch site I created in Aug. View this video to see the first 3 days of visits from the local deer.

Here is the 2nd video pull from that trial site.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had great luck getting bucks to hit the overhanging branches of my fake scrapes that I've doctored up with Smokeys Pre-Orbital and Forehead Gland. My buddy just had a scrape ripped apart that he made with Code Blue Scrape Mate this past weekend.