Mo Monday,who is going out

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by ultramax, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I must admit this season,other then to much corn to get around to my stands every thing looks great for Monday eve
    so I am sure we will have are normal south west wind as the weather guy says it will warm by Monday afternoon.

I did get a new pc of ground last weekend in Kirksville my brother bought 150 ac farm just for hunting he told me he saw 18 bucks on one eve hunt last fall,I sure as hell don't have that kind of numbers on all my farms put to gather let alone one field. So ya I might show up there from time to time.:wave:

Good news is the acorns have started to fall and the bucks are leaving the beans for the new upcoming crop of white oaks,for the most part the bigger bucks like to bed in the beans and just stand up to feed so now they will at least work there way to the acorns so I my get a crack at one of them.
    Well post up what you other mo boys are doing for the opener.. And good luck:wave:

2. Mo Bow Hunter

Mo Bow Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out there can't wait!! Had to make a last minute change because of the river flooding my normal spot. Heading to a friends farm for morning hunt then going north to a lease I have for the evening. Good luck boys.

3. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    My place flooded two weeks ago took out half a bean field and left a inch of mud thru the corn and woods here and is a mess.

4. Mo Bow Hunter

Mo Bow Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624729.911626.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624758.998832.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624785.634690.jpg

Here is the before pic of my food plots last week. Also have 20 acre of beans not shown all of which was left over seed we planted after the summer flood and plan to leave up for the deer this fall. Fingers crossed it survives gonna be close water is projected to hit 28 today anything above and these plots are in trouble.

5. wack-a-doo

wack-a-doo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You guys have me concerned now I have not been to the property I hunt in Frankford in a few weeks and the salt river is close by and spencer creek runs through it I hope it hasn't flooded. I will be hunting a piece of property I have permission to Monday 281 acres of corn, milo, and beans mixed with 85 acres of timber. Have been getting pics of some nice bucks. Can't wait for Monday good luck guys.

6. D-min

D-min Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We are not having the same problems here in western wa that the rest if y'all has. It's warming back up but it's dry. Went out tonight to hunt a piece of private property (sounds fancy but it's my folks place and the deer and rabbits are driving my old man crazy), they have a spike and a doe. Got a nice view of that spike, nice set, skinny little bastard though. My guess would be 80 lb field dressed. Just didn't get a shot I was comfortable taking, was maybe 50 from him with a broadside shot.
    Was a god Monday evening though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

7. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    Passing does here,can only hunt a small area right now during the week getting ready to start shelling corn.then I will be able to get around these fields

8. Bryce Echternacht

Bryce Echternacht Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had no luck opening day but scored last night. Macon, Missouri.
    image.jpg